HS2

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
They were both red tories - bit like Starmer really
There's as much lack of integrity and honesty anywhere in politics ...

And she wasn't alone vote rigging ...

Where are the politicians who used to be in politics to make a difference and behave honestly ? There are a few but they are few and far between. We have the Attorney General as our local MP .. who did not have the decency to resign when the governement stated they were intent on breaking international law...

jenkinsbrynmair 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
Where are the politicians who used to be in politics to make a difference and behave honestly ?
Taken over by 'career politicians' there's very few there now driven by anything but the urge to feather their own nests.
And when the genuine ones stand up to be counted, they get sacked off the front bench.

Amari 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Taken over by 'career politicians' there's very few there now driven by anything but the urge to feather their own nests.
And when the genuine ones stand up to be counted, they get sacked off the front bench.
The most scary of them all is the PM's senior advisor....

jenkinsbrynmair 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
just realised we're skirting on the edge of being consigned to the cupboard under the stairs.
I've taken one for the team and given my own ankles a slap 😁

Karol 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
You've slapped yourself under the cupboard? What part of the anatomy is that then?

Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
We can agree on that ... you are dead right - how many men of straw and yes men .... and women ? Toe the party line if you want to get a better job and make more money ...

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
just realised we're skirting on the edge of being consigned to the cupboard under the stairs.
I've taken one for the team and given my own ankles a slap 😁
Emyr. It’s already there in the cupboard. That’s where I started the thread. 😂

derekm 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
100 to 150 years for a tree to have a cavity big enough for honey bee nest

Arfermo 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Enough
They are all as bad ...

Nothing to choose between any of them ... I am very jaded with the lack of integrity and honesty demonstrated by the vast majority of our politicians .... most of them seem to use politics as a lucrative means to make as much on the side as they do from their over-inflated salaries and expense accounts.

You forgot to mention the 'duck-house' bloke.

Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
You forgot to mention the 'duck-house' bloke.
Yehh - another one on thre fiddle ... there were scores of them ..flipping homes ... claiming for just about anything they could get away with ... a lot of them just paid up and got away with it ... rampant expense fiddling across the entire parliament - taught to them by those they followed. Our local MP at the time employed half his family ...

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Unlike another so called democracy at least we managed to avoid the national shame of only managing to have two old white old age pensioners as candidates for the job.

The Poot in Somerset 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Unlike another so called democracy at least we managed to avoid the national shame of only managing to have two old white old age pensioners as candidates for the job.
And one a nutter and one senile at that. But naturally, both very rich.
Best we don’t understand how they got that rich too......

Nige.Coll 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
some + a few more
Our current MP made a decent amount of money from HS2 when the first route came out it was going close to his house, he sold the house and got the extra payout for it. Luckily he was getting divorced at the time because the babysitter became a mummy.
The route then changed.
All of this time he was serving on the HS2 committee, it was all fine he stood up in the house and said he was sorry.
Strange how his business also on the original route spent millions on a new bio-digester for food waste during the same time. Why invest millions in something that was in the way of a train line. Simple it wasn't and he knew it wasn't or made it not be.
The route has been moved to a new location that now goes through about 25 small businesses based on a couple of farms.
Our village had a housing development planned but as part of the housing development the company building it was going to reinstate part of the old canal and spend a lot of money regenerating and tidying up the centre of the village with new shops and a pub and a nice marina. This has also been scrapped due to the route going straight through the development.

Ancient woodlands in the area are also for the chop and sssi's are also effected.

One of our local farmers had no idea that the route was going through some of his fields he hadn't been notified, I sent a picture of the planned route to him and he was furious, the plan also showed a storage yard on his land. He had not been told about any of it. The government still owes him money for land acquired during the building of the A42 about 20 years ago.

The whole thing is a farce.
The route showed a tunnel under East Midlands Airport at one point, I asked if there would ba a station there and the answer was no. Surely if there was a station there it would take some pressure off the London airports if you could fly into East Mids and catch a train and be in London in an hour. Also East Mids is one of the busiest freight airports in the country, the HS2 line I was told was not taking freight so why build a huge freight yard near Nottingham for it ?

The logic behind this white elephant is astonishing. You can catch a train from Derby and be in London in an hour. When HS2 happens those trains will stop and you will have to travel to the HS2 station some 40 minutes away to catch a train to London that will take 40 or 50 minutes and cost a lot more so your journey is longer. The road network in that area is already at capacity and has regular traffic jams lasting hours.

Arfermo 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Enough
This topic is very reminiscent of the Poll Tax issue and the demise of the rating system which IMO was always fairer and nothing to with rental values either (I saw how the DV rates were calculated so I know) - but Maggie was so biased she got her way and all the top brass get their properties rates capped. Just another issue among so many.

Latest posts