HS2

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
All perfectly true - seen it real life. ~Such blatant waste ~ its not as though the HS2 is even modern or needed.

Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Such a waste ... 300 years of growth lost ... what is the matter with people ?

A neighbour of mine cut down a protected 100 year old lawsons pine (I have its twin in my back garden beautiful trees) because he wanted to extend his bricked drive by 8 feet to park a third car (having converted his garage to a gym/games room) .. He's wealthy, the council TPO went mad when he found out ... he was subsequently fined £1000 and just paid up. Cowboy tree surgeon did it on a Saturday and it was down before anyone knew what was happening ... he would have been fined as well but they never caught him. Some people just make you spit ...

Apple 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives

And Devon can not get an inland line even though environmental impact utilising pollution free trains on existing cuttings/ bridges etc would cost a millionth of the amount of the environmental and economic disaster of a pointless HS2 line... so that and industry mogul can get from Manchester to London 15 minutes faster!

Antipodes 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
They come down a lot faster than they grow, that's for sure.

This is a Huon Pine log I photographed earlier in the year, from a tree felled in 1975 and with the growth rings counted and world events marked.... Amazing to think of all the things that happened in the world while old trees were alive...

Attachments

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives

And Devon can not get an inland line even though environmental impact utilising pollution free trains on existing cuttings/ bridges etc would cost a millionth of the amount of the environmental and economic disaster of a pointless HS2 line... so that and industry mogul can get from Manchester to London 15 minutes faster!
When working from home is a “New Normal” too?

frankenstine 

New Bee
Reaction score
they are far to soft with TPO's to the point they are meaningless

my view is yes fine them and they have to replace the tree, now if they cant replace the protected tree this is where things get really expensive, and amazingle inconvinient,

i would ether go by collctive age or volume of tree so say you cant buy 1x 100 year old tree fine you'll be planting 5 x 20 year old trees there with room for them to develop and if there house is in the way flatten it

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
they are far to soft with TPO's to the point they are meaningless

my view is yes fine them and they have to replace the tree, now if they cant replace the protected tree this is where things get really expensive, and amazingle inconvinient,

i would ether go by collctive age or volume of tree so say you cant buy 1x 100 year old tree fine you'll be planting 5 x 20 year old trees there with room for them to develop and if there house is in the way flatten it
I reckon if a tree has been felled for an extension planning should be refused for a start

Apple 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
I got refuse planning for a tree house... so where is the sense in that... Tory run council in Surrey!
Chons da

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I got refuse planning for a tree house... so where is the sense in that... Tory run council in Surrey!
Chons da
You will if it overlooks your neighbours

The Poot in Somerset 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
It was clearly beyond the whit of man to go around it.
After covid has destroyed the economy we won’t be able to afford the trains anyway.
“Vanity, vanity and a chasing after the wind”

frankenstine 

New Bee
Reaction score
the thing is dose anyone want to get from london to manchester or get to ether of those places ? let allone get there faster.

the idea of railways in my head at least is they are cheep efficent transport but not the fastest. steel rolling on steel is abount the most efficent way to move things energy wise, a few years ago i got stuck in london and needed to get back home so hereford or leadbury would do but the ticket price was silly and unless going very late id be standing most or all of the way, i bought a crap car, insured it, taxed and fueled it and drove it home instead actually cost less than a train ticket. looked at eurostar once that wasent cheep, plane much faster and cheeper surely planes cost more to run tho

Karol 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
HS2 is passing only a stones throw away. Not only being slated locally as criminal but also being slated as corrupt. Swathes of margin land bought up originally to provide buffer zone along the track. Changed the rules on margin distances and now what was originally supposed to be buffer land is now ear marked for housing development with big profits being made on compulsory purchased land!

Erichalfbee 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Now why doesn’t that surprise me!

The Poot in Somerset 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
HS2 is passing only a stones throw away. Not only being slated locally as criminal but also being slated as corrupt. Swathes of margin land bought up originally to provide buffer zone along the track. Changed the rules on margin distances and now what was originally supposed to be buffer land is now ear marked for housing development with big profits being made on compulsory purchased land!
“Rule corruption, corruption rules the day....”

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Sadly its a very typical conservative trick and has been around for yonks - money talks - truth twisters and shysters all.

Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Sadly its a very typical conservative trick and has been around for yonks - money talks - truth twisters and shysters all.
They are all as bad ...

Nothing to choose between any of them ... I am very jaded with the lack of integrity and honesty demonstrated by the vast majority of our politicians .... most of them seem to use politics as a lucrative means to make as much on the side as they do from their over-inflated salaries and expense accounts.

jenkinsbrynmair 

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Too many - but not nearly enough
They are all as bad ...

Nothing to choose between any of them ... I am very jaded with the lack of integrity and honesty demonstrated by the vast majority of our politicians .... most of them seem to use politics as a lucrative means to make as much on the side as they do from their over-inflated salaries and expense accounts.

They were both red tories - bit like Starmer really

Latest posts