Useful for a beginner like me.

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
Neat little labeling machine. I watched it a few times to establish exactly how it was working and just love it. HP (not Hewlett Packhard) will be bringing out a model sometime early in 2010 I understand . . . :) :)

Last edited:

Finman 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth

One guy in Beemaster forum inventented that what about if you paint the inner hive walls with oxalic acid. Eternal OA dosage for hives!

tazbee 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
dadant
Number of Hives
Thanks Finman, great help for a newbee like me

Poly Hive 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
9 and 18 Nucs
Trickling into a poly hive...

Lost me with the label aspect though.

PH

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
I haven't the foggiest either about what the link is between the two subjects, but I was commenting about the jar labeling machine clip that Jezd posted.

Bit of a hijack I suppose, but I'm sure that both Jezd and myself are very sorry about it.

It could have been caused by OA fumes I suppose. :grouphug:

Poly Hive 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
9 and 18 Nucs
It would be faster (from experience here) to label by hand and save the dosh.

KISS

PH

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
I don't doubt it PH, but infernal machines fascinate me. Couldn't probably build one for toffiees but like to understand how the canny wee beasties work.

I can just imagine how much label stock might get wasted in testing and setting up. I was actually amazed that a simple manual machine of commercial origin (just happened to be in the Google video comments) cost. $1300. The one in Jezd link was obviously a home made job.

For even manually automated labeling there would need to be a LOT of jars. Be assured that the interest was transitory only. Oh, and I am not fascinated by bottling machines; just in case you wondered. I'm sure you realised that well enough though. :cheers2: I can't remember when you were getting away for your hols, but hope the current snowfall doesn't get in the way of your plans. You'll be needing all the :grouphug: you can get in your motor-home in the current weather. Extra food, fuel, heating and blankets will be the order of the day. The scenery will unfortunately be uniformly . . . white. :)

Latest posts