How to stop the spread?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No mention of a compensation scheme but the threat of having your colonies destroyed. So motivation to keep your apiary secret or move it.
Yes, I'd be strongly in favour of really genuine compensation at this stage and ongoing assistance. There may be something but I don't know. It's a very good point.

I was thinking that although it may be that it was picked up during inspections on a legally imported package if it's near a port so it might not be a scoundrel at fault. (I don't know Aus rules on importing bees though).
Does Austrailia allow any kind of imported packages of bees?????? Or are Aussies slow learners?????

Does Austrailia allow any kind of imported packages of bees?????? Or are Aussies slow learners?????
They're very good usually with bio security, I don't think they allow any bee imports.

Australia does not allow the import of packages and there extremely tight on bio security. However there’s a massive amount of imported and exported materials. You don’t have to be a genius to figure out why they have sentimental sites around port facilities!

Australia does not allow the import of packages and there extremely tight on bio security. However there’s a massive amount of imported and exported materials. You don’t have to be a genius to figure out why they have sentimental sites around port facilities!
Newcastle is the world's largest coal export port too.

Import resistant queens and teach selective breeding toward resistance. Of course.

They have had varroa twice before I believe and managed to contain the outbreaks. A track record better than most!

Latest posts

Back