How to process wax bits

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, sorry, my mistake as I should have been clearer = I understood from Mike's last post that he'd run out of wax and was thinking of entering some honey.

Richard

Mike - you do know about gentle use of a microwave?)

Not for wax or honey sorry. I started with a steamer last year which worked great for melting the wax in an old veg steamer but it made a hell of a mess when the rubber band snapped. Although this worked great to remove the pollen through an old cotton shirt.

hs02.jpg

hs03.jpg

Hence why I used the oven instead.

I do know is its possible to darken honey using a microwave but I believe it will kill all the emenzymes in it making it unfit for sale as normal honey.

Last edited:
Mike ..... I enjoy your photos!
(I always start by stuffing all the bits of wax in the leg of a 15 dernier pair of tights then simmering in boiling water)

Gentle microwaving of a jar of exhibition honey can clear any tiny trapped air bubbles and...make it just that little bit clearer.

richard

I'm banished to the bee shed :cuss:

I trailed waxy footprints through the house for the last time years ago (She was younger ,fitter and more accurate with a missile in those days) :toetap05:

ALIM0053.jpg

John Wilkinson

Peter.

Blessed are the cheese makers!

John.......bleeding norah!

I hope you don't go out shopping for hydrogen peroxide and ammonia nitrate etc!
(and have an irish accent (or a fist length beard)

I particularly like that green steamer

richard

John.......bleeding norah!

I hope you don't go out shopping for hydrogen peroxide and ammonia nitrate etc!
(and have an irish accent (or a fist length beard)

I particularly like that green steamer

richard

No No No b'gorrah!!

John Wilkinson

Latest posts

Back