How the bees defend a nuc from wasps

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gilberdyke, Impressive Ivy forage there! Can't stand the smell of Ivy nectar, but tasted some Ivy nectar from a hive yesterday. Much nicer than it smells, but it could have been diluted by syrup. Could be interesting to blend with OSR perhaps? Do you sell any Ivy honey?

Hi Gilberdyke, Impressive Ivy forage there! Can't stand the smell of Ivy nectar, but tasted some Ivy nectar from a hive yesterday. Much nicer than it smells, but it could have been diluted by syrup. Could be interesting to blend with OSR perhaps? Do you sell any Ivy honey?
I've normally finished all extraction before the ivy flowers open (happened this week) so no I don't sell ivy honey.
What would you see as a benefit of blending osr honey with ivy? They both set🤔

I've normally finished all extraction before the ivy flowers open (happened this week) so no I don't sell ivy honey.
What would you see as a benefit of blending osr honey with ivy? They both set🤔
Yes, I know, but people say OSR is bland and Ivy very strong, so I thought maybe it's a good marriage tastewise. Would have to be soft set though. I know a beek that sells softset Ivy honey.

Back