How Much honey did you get this year?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some have none to spare, some have a super to spare and some have 3 supers to spare. Pretty average really but don't care, bees are ok, that's the main thing

About 12lb honey from one hive, and it looks like a whole super to come (nearly capped; balsam honey). They had a replacement queen round about June. Plus one split, now a fairly big, new colony, and another replacement for the other hive. In other words, three new queens, one thriving new colony, all of which seem pretty good, plus a few pots of honey and a bit of cut comb.

I've only had to feed one hive, once, until this week when the main autumn feed started on the two smaller colonies. The balsam-crazy hive has loads of broodbox honey and is about to finish filling a super.

In a really lousy year there would have been no colony increase and no jars of honey either. So not an all-out disaster, but not great, all told.

Finished the year off at 520lb from 7 producing hives. Must update my hive numbers.

Been a hard bloody year. And no one should read these figures and think "mine were rubbish, I only got 20lb!".

I'm lucky to live where I do where the weather is so much drier than the rest of the country and its helped with queen rearing. Still the hardest year so far in my 5 years.

Baggy

took 1 super last week as it was capped put it back on nearly full again plus another 2 that were partially capped all 3 should come off at the wkend plus 1 super capped i am leaving on for the girls there is a lot of balsom near here and they are still bringing it in

will let you know when I get the honey off.

70 lbs in rape and just taken 143lbs. It has been a lot drier this side of the country. Most of the summer crop came from 2 really strong colonies. I have left them quite a bit, but this week they have been bringing it in like mad. Put my thymol on all but two hives which I have recently requeened. At this rate they might have two supers to overwinter on. At least I will not have to worry about where to get sugar.

No OSR in my area, Collected no Spring ,early summer honey, But removed approx 75ltrs of honey 2 weeks ago. The girls have just started on the balsam, so with luck and some fine weather we should have another 4 supers to remove in a week or so. We changed to double brood 4 weeks ago and on inspection on the 20th August they were busy filling the second brood box with both honey and pollen.

14kg (30lb ?) off one hive in its first season. but then managed to trap HM in the super above the excluder while extracting the other 2, so trying to sort that out!:rolleyes:

This is only my first proper season and to date I have had 1lb!! This I took off when I transferred my bees to a national and I thought 'bugger it, I'm going to at least have a pound'. (And very nice it is too)
Looking around these threads I can't believe the national differences in crop. Even from one county/town/city to the next.
Lets hope I get a little bit more in the next 2 weeks otherwise that's it!

264 lbs from 5 hives

No spring honey but things improved and supers removed with plenty of time to let the bees back fill their double broods

Got 22lb off
one hive left the other hive alone as quite a small colony but it is my first year so I am not that bothered about the harvest it is more about knowledge and making sure I do better next year and getting the ladies thru the winter

Did well with the OSR but very poor with multifloral.
Apiguard treatment one week to go at one site, two weeks to go at other site. No need to feed at all and, hopefully, a lot of clean Winter bees with the queens getting back into full lay after treatment.
Get them into Winter strong with healthy bees and good young queens and we'll be rewarded next season.

Peter

rather embarrassed, last year from garden hive had 138lbs. Not extracted yet this year but four capped supers and brood box as super capped, they are still bringing it in, sorry, so much work

I will be extracting just one super this year. I have doubled my colony size from four to eight, due to a very early "Swarmy" April, May so therefore was not expecting to much. I am now in the process of moving from standards to 14 x 12 hives as I do not need the hassle of splitting all the time, and I think eight hives is enough. Let's hope next year will be more productive for everyone!

I got 17lb of osr in the spring and just taken off 45lb, so total of 62lb from 2 hives this year, better than last year, finger crossed it carries on like that.

660lb of 35 hives on the OSR Very disapointing compared to previous years where a similar number of hives has produced upwards of 1500-2000lb on the OSR

900lbish off the borage from 25 Hives, no bad but could have been alot better, for some reason some strong hives had no surplus where as some bought in masses.

Luckily i have cut down alot from last year, as the work to reward ratio this year has been very poor.

C B

Not a true comparison as forage and other factors may well be different at each site and still have supers being filled, so final figure will change.
Have a few local blacks at out-apiary that produced about 30-40lbs, my best (Danish Buckies) are on course to give around 80-90lb but others around same as local blacks.
S

just over 50lb average with no osr or heather, decent enough considerin the year that was in it

Latest posts

Back