• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

How much for a 2nd hand WBC?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5...2 wooden National, 2 poly Nat & 1 poly nuc...bursting at the seams
How much should I charge for a 2nd hand WBC?? Never sold one before, it has new legs this year and one of the lifts is new too (both cedar...as far as I can remember) it also had a new cedar porch added. I haven't used it - and intend to move to Nationals and Rose in the future. Before anyone asks I would 9hopefully) be passing it to a member on here and don't want to overcharge...any suggestions? There are no 2nd hand ones on Ebay at the mo. and they ask for more than things are worth alot of the time...

nobody answering yo Queens maybe you ask a price and if no takers stick it on ebay looks worth more then £200 9 just to start the ball rolling ) thats my 2pence worth

I would pop it on Ebay and let the masses fight for it.
Say it would make a fantastic xmas gift for someone wanting to start beekeeping.

Value ? to members of the forum I would say £75-100.
For an Ebay buyer maybe double that if not more.

If it was mine I would wait until the spring and make a nuc up in it and offer for £250.00 but on Ebay empty on a good day it could make that.

I see you only have one hive better keep it Queens you will need it yourself always better to keep a hive spare.
Otherwise do what admin says but in on ebay in spring.

Hi Broandy - I have a new National (coming from Maisemore's one day) - ordered 2 weeks ago and want to swap the existing hive into that next spring - and am saving for another - and hopefully a MBS Poly national for Christmas...if anyone loves me, so I think it is safe to sell. I am just finding it really hard work!

Why not do as I do?

I have one setup in the garden as an ornament/bait hive. Give it a good lick of paint and make it 'look cute' as an ornament. Inside is brood box, supers QE, crown board etc (no frames) and it just sits there.

Also, it is useful in an emegency as it takes std national frames.

I would keep hold of it.bee-smillie

If you intent on selling I'd give it a lick of white gloss and put it on eBay. "Restored" WBCs, especially made of cedar fetch a very decent price

Latest posts

Back