How many forum members does it take....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbeekeeper

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
.....to change a light bulb??

1 to change the light bulb

1 to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

56 to email the moderators complaing about lightbulb posts

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 mod to lock the post, resulting in 15 new "wheres the lightbulb post gone" threads

and finally.............................

1 new member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again ..

jimbeekeeper;22308 said:
.....to change a light bulb??

56 to email the moderators complaing about lightbulb posts

You spelt "complaining" incorrectly :smilielol5:

I dare someone to post it on a cetain other forum:svengo:

I would but it would be a bit obvious it is me!

Before it could be posted there it would have to have a couple of lines added along the lines of

25 to have a rant about imported lightbulbs
3 to argue that we should really be using traditional candles
12 to ask for a clear definition of a true british lightbulb

Can I get this straight please?

Is this a new design of plastic light bulb? and have the makers pulled a marketing flanker with loads of free publicity which has ruffled some feathers and explains why we are all talking about it?

:hat:

I think I've changed my lightbulb successfully, I can hear a nice busy buzz when I'm near it. Do I need to keep checking it when I switch it on and off, or should I leave it for a couple of weeks to settle down?? :music-smiley-023:

Er, my light bulb keeps attracting some horrid little bugs. Is there any treatment for this ? Did they come with my light bulb ? It says 'foreign' on it :(

David P;22419 said:
Before it could be posted there it would have to have a couple of lines added along the lines of

25 to have a rant about imported lightbulbs
3 to argue that we should really be using traditional candles
12 to ask for a clear definition of a true british lightbulb

of course standard lightbulbs will shortly become unavailable (who's smart idea was that then ???) resulting in 1,000,000's of light fittings being scrapped and more being made (more carbon, where's the bl**dy saving there??) and a whole heap of people with sight difficulties struggling to see on a daily basis 'cos the new bulbs are dimmer or flicker too much.

Perhaps candles would be the way forward but then how many people do you need to trim the wicks ?

(Of course it would do wonders for the price of beeswax)

oh, did I mention I think this BST stuff needs to change too ? RANT RANT:boxing_smiley:

Will all the required forum members fit in Petes shed at once to make the Vid?

Oh and......

6 H&FS (Health and F******* Safety) bods to stop you changing the lightbulb.

Surely we shouldn't be using lightbulbs at all.

We should be living in a sustainable manner, when it gets dark, sleep, when the sun is up you have light to work by.

Therefore I recommend all light bulbs are removed and sockets filled in.

;)

Cie;23851 said:
Surely we shouldn't be using lightbulbs at all.

We should be living in a sustainable manner, when it gets dark, sleep, when the sun is up you have light to work by.

Therefore I recommend all light bulbs are removed and sockets filled in.

;)

Nice ideas but what are the sockets filled in with, a lot of fillers etc are not the most environmentally friendly to produce.

bee-smillie

Good point!

Hmm, how about entry points to horizontal hives in the ceiling. Brilliant.

:cheers2:

Latest posts

Back