How long?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveselvage

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Due to a hand injury i havent been able to go through my bees since extracting and putting the wet supers back about two weeks ago.
They seem very busy today and for the first time ever i have seen some bees returning with balsam pollen all over them,wish i could find where it is as i would be pleased if it turned up along the stream behind my house.
Will it hurt to leave the supers on for another week or should i arrange for someone to remove them, hopefully the dressing will come off tomorrow but i have no strength in the fingers so cant do it myself.
My preferred option would be to leave them, what do you think.
I did google the problem before posting.

Hi
I would leave them on to be honest , they probably need the space as its only August and you may have a pleasant suprise as the are not drawing out frames, I have a river at the bottom of the garden and dawn till dusk they are non stop bringing in HB .

Grub

I agree- but we need to watch this weather as the long range forecast is for no Indian summer in Sept, but getting colder and wetter - and you need the warmth for your varroa treatment- but they will have just licked out those supers and taken down- or enjoyed.
Hope your hand better soon:grouphug:

Thanks for the replies, ill leave them to it for another week.
I have an infection in the tendons due to being spiked by a roe deer (dont ask)

Thanks for the replies, ill leave them to it for another week.
I have an infection in the tendons due to being spiked by a roe deer (dont ask)

Well what do you expect with saying dont ask :boxing_smiley:

Grub

Latest posts

Back