How long

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wightbees

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How long is a piece of string
I gave 1 of my hives a deep brood frame full of honey as it had nothing in the way of stores.I ran the Hive tool over this , hoping the bees will move it or eat it .This was done on the 1 Aug. How long would it take to empty this , and would they recap it and leave it where it is ?

They won't recap it and leave it where it is if they are hungry.....same as you did not need to bruise the cappings....hungry bee's will soon do that themselves.
Depends on how strong the colony is regards how long it lasts... check in one week if it was a full sealed frame of stores.

They are not that strong a colony. I was hoping this would help them as they had hardly anything left.I will go and have a look at the weekend .
Thanks Hivemaker

It will be dependent quite a lot on how much uncapped brood brood is present. That is the highest-rate consumer of hive stores.

Regards, RAB

Maybe some syrup feed is required too?

I think i will take some syrup with me on my next visit, can't hurt to give them it.
Thanks for the replies :)

Latest posts

Back