How long?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt1971

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Have just put my crown board with porter bee escape's in place above my broad box. I want to remove my super with frames of honey in it, so how long roughly does it take to for the bee's to be go down to my broad box?

Anything from a couple of hours to a day or two.

When you go back to your supers you may find that not all the bees have gone. I left mine 24 hours and there were still a few bees in there but I wanted to take the supers to extract. I was able to do this as I had taken and empty super with me just in case. I was able to brush the bees off each frame and put it into the enpty super separately. I also had a clean sheet with me which I used to cover the super to stop more bees getting back in. No bees at all came into the car with the supers I removed in this way so it was worth it even though it took a little longer.

Thx, just it's an out apiary (20miles) and I cannot just keep going an having a look inside.

Sometimes Porter escapes do not work until you realize you have to take them apart and adjust the tines before use.

And any out apiary 20 miles away is not worth having.

And any out apiary 20 miles away is not worth having.

Why is that.

I think any out apiary is worth having!

I am lucky my out apiary is a few miles away but would travel a lot further if I had to.

I think it is all part of the Beekeeping experience.
I enjoy my drive to the Apiary to see the Bees.
It adds to the fun

I guess if I was Beekeeping for profit it would be a different matter.

Not sure I would go 20 miles though :cheers2:

I guess if I was Beekeeping for profit it would be a different matter.

Not sure I would go 20 miles though :cheers2:

I think perhaps you would,if you had hundreds of hives,or even thousands.

my bees are kept in apiary 35 miles away, no problem looking after them, just need to be organised

Latest posts

Back