How long is the field beans flow

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have just hived some nucs on a farm where the field beans are just coming into flower.
I suspect that it is too late this year to profit from them as they need to build up for a few weeks.

Field beans and nectar have been discussed here since 2010 and opinions vary. A google threw up more research documents and chat, but yield seems varied, perhaps dependent on weather and seed variety.

Last week I crawled through a hedge and stood in an enormous field of beans and saw one bumble foraging; might have been a different story had I looked at 6 in the morning or it hadn't been roasting.

Field bean may give honey, if bumbble bees do a hole into flover tubes. And even bumbble bees do not go into beans if they have better alternatives.

You see it yourself, if you listen, do you hear any sound from the field. Huge argues about that nectar, buy you see it easily.

Field bean is self pollinating.

If I'm going to try leading anything I want to be emperor of the universe with absolute power. (My old school motto was ALTA PETE)
My mother sorted it out for me when I was named - David Emyr (God's anointed Ruler/Emperor)

Latest posts

Back