How long can you leave honey in the frames ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pstafford

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I removed 2 supers on Sunday and set them inside the house awaiting a borrowed honey extractor.

At 4pm I was getting a little concerned as no extractor had arrived as promised and later found out that it had been damaged that morning and was awaiting a spare part due to arrive this week.

My capped frames are now sitting in the supers on the kitchen side. How long can they reasonably remain like this?

Paul

As long as protected from honey lovers, the books seem to say that there should be no problem with the delay..

I removed 2 supers on Sunday and set them inside the house awaiting a borrowed honey extractor.

At 4pm I was getting a little concerned as no extractor had arrived as promised and later found out that it had been damaged that morning and was awaiting a spare part due to arrive this week.

My capped frames are now sitting in the supers on the kitchen side. How long can they reasonably remain like this?

Paul
Until your wife bins them :biggrinjester::biggrinjester:
Seriously, unless they contain oilseed rape honey they will keep for ages .
Place them somewhere warm for a few hours before extraction and all should be well :sifone:.

John Wilkinson

Latest posts

Back