How do I tell my wife "It's ok the bees are flying"?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I went out in the sunshine today and sat outside each of my hives. Four hives in three locations, ten minutes at each. They were flying and the joy of the sound and the detail of their comings and goings was absolutely fabulous

Then my phone rings and a stone has cracked the screen of the family car. As you can tell I am less concerned about the grief and money than my wife is because all 4 might be ok. Can't tell her that though can I?

Tell her that as long as all safe then you dont mind about the windscreen :driving:- only money.... and family more important! She may not realise you consider the hives family too...

Married for 12 years, beekeeping for 2. Both still make me smile. I thought I had killed one of the colonies so doubly happy. It is so relaxing just sitting watching the bees.

The car insurance should cover the screen with no hit to NCB.

Your bee insurance will not cover you for winter losses - if you are a BBKA member.

So there you are - insurance works where needed..

Bees work only when they survive..

Married for 12 years, beekeeping for 2. Both still make me smile. I thought I had killed one of the colonies so doubly happy. It is so relaxing just sitting watching the bees.

40 years since my 12th anniversary . I'm now more bemused than amused :D
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only 12 years married......you're still in the 'honeymoon' period......when you've done over 30 (two 'life' terms) then you know you're married! Mind you if you have a 'good one'.....then hang on......it's worth it!
Mind you SWMBO is in charge.......she tells me enough times! Oh dear stand by for the flak! Tin helmet is ON!

All this long marriage stuff - 53 years for us - made me think of my mortality. I was checking my will and SWMBO was in the kitchen I shouted to her "When I die my love I am going to leave everything to you"

Her reply "You already do you lazy ba****d":biggrinjester:

All this long marriage stuff - 53 years for us - made me think of my mortality. I was checking my will and SWMBO was in the kitchen I shouted to her "When I die my love I am going to leave everything to you"

Her reply "You already do you lazy ba****d":biggrinjester:

:icon_204-2:

Latest posts

Back