How Did That Happen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Cleaning up some old frames, I came upon this one. Funny thing is it came from the hive complete with drawn foundation. Cleaned it up, rejigged it and fitted new foundation. The blame game starts, who made it up ?

Attachments

• Funny Frame.jpg
    Funny Frame.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
I have done that with one side, never both.

Langstroth frames often don't have the slot down the side bars. Generally it's OK except that without the side support, new comb can bend a lot when not handled well.

My best 'doh!' moment making frames so far was nailing in the first bottom bar and then coming to find I couldn't get in the second because I'd nailed the first one in with one end in the front slot and the other in the back slot!

My best 'doh!' moment making frames so far was nailing in the first bottom bar and then coming to find I couldn't get in the second because I'd nailed the first one in with one end in the front slot and the other in the back slot!

That made me chuckle!

Spent alot of time this year taking out foundation that I put in during mid winter when it was freezing cold. When it warmed up it all expanded and buckled.... Trying to flatten it out without it coming off the wires was a nightmare!
E

Latest posts

Back