Hot Finland

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finman

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
We got yesterday a new heat record 37,2 C.
The last was from the year 1914.

On my area temps have been about 30C during 2 weeks.

Flowers are finnish and it is very dry.

Honey year was good to me but in some parts it was more dry.
On my area heather is not able to make flowers.

The honeyflow was exceptional like my balance hive shows.
The curve means the weight increase of the hive.
The left axis is kilos

The main honey plants in the curve were raspberry, rape - rape - rape, willow herb, thistles.

http://www.mtt.fi/bees/anjalankoski10.htm.

Last edited:
18C here but of course there is no difference is there?

PH

What hose ban where?? We are only 40 miles to the south of you.

PH

We got yesterday a new heat record 37,2 C.

So was it 37 deg C or 2 deg C

Or why are you addressing us all as a number?

:p

Sorry couldn't resist, the use of a comma as a decimal place for Europeans has driven me nuts for years. The use of a decimal point as a thousands separator is even worse.

Unfortunately this ridiculous state of affairs with the comma has infiltrated the UK too due to our adoption of BS 8888 for engineering drawings.

:banghead: :cuss:

So was it 37 deg C or 2 deg C

Or why are you addressing us all as a number?

:p

Sorry couldn't resist, the use of a comma as a decimal place for Europeans has driven me nuts for years. The use of a decimal point as a thousands separator is even worse.

Unfortunately this ridiculous state of affairs with the comma has infiltrated the UK too due to our adoption of BS 8888 for engineering drawings.

:banghead: :cuss:

No, it was either. It was 37,2

Hehe heh. It is your headache. You may use your brains however.
I know, you have everything so special. No continental fits for you.

It it were arabic, it would be 2,73

Last edited:
We have a slogan here:

What common has Santa to a wise engineer?

- they boath are legendary creatures

What is wiser than an engineer?
- two engineers

What common has Santa to a wise engineer?

I would sustitute 'honest salesman' for the wise engineer.

There have been a great number of wise engineers, but these days the accountants have more say, rather than adoption of durable repair methods or designs.

Regards, RAB

PH/tonybloke

United Utilities have had a hosepipe ban since 9th July. Everything gets filthy in the drizzle and rain.
And it just annoys me .... as you can tell! ;)

Getting back to the original post. The weight gain per day is exceptional.

85kg gain in 19 days...or the equivalent of a national super every 3 days.

Just imagine having a flow like that in the UK! I found it a struggle in late May and through June coping with a super filling up every 10 - 14 days and that wasn't on any specific crop and there wasn't any OSR around.

Remember, Finman is a professional. His income depends on his production. He WILL keep up, or lose harvest.

He has all the rest of the year as a holiday!!!!

(OK Finman, just joking - I know that you prepare for this sort of increase, and simply preparing, repairing etc is not a short job. Also you have been working extremely hard and for long hours over your relatively short season).

Regards, RAB

(OK Finman, just joking - I know that you prepare for this sort of increase, and simply preparing, repairing etc is not a short job. Also you have been working extremely hard and for long hours over your relatively short season).

Regards, RAB

Quite right. To keep bees all year around and then incomes happends during one month. - Oooorrrr, if you loose a swarm, all incomes are gone to the winds of heaven.

What folks doen not think is that when balance started 16.6. the foraging bees were brood at the first half of May. When the foraging was at its best in the middle of Juuly, foragers were brood at the beginning of June.

So you see that whole May was essential month to rear foragers.
May is to us a spring and only willow is blooming normally.

42c in Moscow yesterday phew indeed .
20% of russian wheat crop ruined by drought not nice !
Thank god for the Atlantic ocean !!

John Wilkinson

42c in Moscow yesterday phew indeed .
20% of russian wheat crop ruined by drought not nice !

When I left in Monday from summer cottage the air was really grey. It was smoke from Russian forest fires near Moscow. I could see only under 1000 metre. I have to Russian border 50 km but Moscow is something 1000 km away.

Russian do not keep hurry when they put down forest fires.

Latest posts

Back