Hospital Cross Infections.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I received a reply form the hospital regarding the 3 infections I contracted.

In short.

"patients with catheters and/or stents are at a higher risk of acquiring UTI's as they are likely to become colonised with bacteria ...UIT is more frequent in hospital settings, but Dr ??? does not agree that the hospital gave you these infections"

So after being discharged at 5pm and being admitted the following evening it must be coinidental that I got urosepsis, and similarly a couple of weeks later I was back with 2 infections.

Seems to me that if you come out of hospital worse than when you entered, then they must have some responsibility for this. Now when you sign any consent form they write any and all possibilities of what can go wrong just to cover their arses! Getting just like the states where lawyers are going to male a killing. (just like the hospitals, if you catch my drift). Due to go in myself in the future, but not telling forum members when as they might get their 'voodoo' dolls at the ready!!):rofl:

Basically they said that people who have catheters and or stents are more likely to get infections..........however.......without these you would have died.

They fail to add that the infections could also have killed me.

Hmm! Interesting. I think there was an article on the "Write Stuff," channel 5 last week, where the medical profession have 'just discovered' that putting sugar into a wound and then covering it helped with infection.
Remind you of anything?:banghead:

Several year ago there was an interview on the radio with an Indian doctor who uses sugar to heal wounds..he said he used to watch his father do it.

I think these things get dragged out again and again after some pre-set time period..

Like "Students at the UEA have written a report that the Norfolk Broads are not natural as has always been believed, but are in fact man made" I have heard this about 4 times in the last 40 years. Prior to that everybody knew that were man made. History must have been forgotten and all references to the Broads deleted from the books.

Several year ago there was an interview on the radio with an Indian doctor who uses sugar to heal wounds..he said he used to watch his father do it.

I think these things get dragged out again and again after some pre-set time period..

Like "Students at the UEA have written a report that the Norfolk Broads are not natural as has always been :)

Latest posts

Back