Hospital Appointment.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't believe all the tory propaganda matey haven't read of any 'pathway' schemes or the like in Wales.
You wait and see if callmedave and his parasites get in for another term, then they'll really turn the screws.

don't believe all the tory propaganda matey haven't read of any 'pathway' schemes or the like in Wales.
You wait and see if callmedave and his parasites get in for another term, then they'll really turn the screws.

Then it's time you took a look at the independent stats on the Welsh Government's (Labour) attempts to run the NHS, then compare them to England. Then ask how much they've cut the budget, and then tell me why so many people are moving from Wales to England just to get NHS treatment. The Tories don't need to make up stats - the Welsh ones are bad enough.

What happened to the, "we don't do politics on this forum", brigade?
Come on Pargyle, give them a 'ticking off'!:)

CT scan last week..

Consultant today says nothing changed from three months ago..No increase in tumour size or cancer cells.
Motorhome passed its test yesterday as well....

CT scan last week..

Consultant today says nothing changed from three months ago..No increase in tumour size or cancer cells.

That's all good news then .... excellent.

I had an ultrasound scan for abdominal aortic aneurysm a week or so ago ... All males in their 65th year get offered this scan on the NHS ... really impressed - just sent me a take it or leave it or change it appointment at my local community hospital. Apparently 7 in a 1000 males of this age have an issue and it can kill you if not found and treated ... I didn't even know what it was until I got the appointment offer ...

So, I went along and apparently I have the aorta of a 20 year old ... sadly, it appears to be surrounded by the body of a 65 year old ....

If you get offered it ... take it ... scan just took a few minutes, in and out in under 15 minutes and very reassuring. Sometimes the NHS works very well.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/repairofabdominalaneurysm/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Sorry Wales, Scotland and NI ... seems it's just available for ENGLAND ... so much for devolution then ?

Last edited:
Sounds familiar..I think I've had one but had so many others its difficult to remember.

That's all good news then .... excellent.

I had an ultrasound scan for abdominal aortic aneurysm a week or so ago ... All males in their 65th year get offered this scan on the NHS ... really impressed - just sent me a take it or leave it or change it appointment at my local community hospital. Apparently 7 in a 1000 males of this age have an issue and it can kill you if not found and treated ... I didn't even know what it was until I got the appointment offer ...

So, I went along and apparently I have the aorta of a 20 year old ... sadly, it appears to be surrounded by the body of a 65 year old ....

If you get offered it ... take it ... scan just took a few minutes, in and out in under 15 minutes and very reassuring. Sometimes the NHS works very well.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/repairofabdominalaneurysm/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Sorry Wales, Scotland and NI ... seems it's just available for ENGLAND ... so much for devolution then ?

I had one last year.. I have the aorta of an athlete in the body of an athlete but the brain and mentality of a 5 year old... :eek:

At my last MCA medical the doctor told me i had the constitution and blood pressure of a 20 year old athlete - unfortunately he was alluding to one of those found at Pompeii

CT scan last week..

Your on a roll then......get a lottery ticket for this weekend then!:)

that did cross my mind because I also found a pen in the carpark..

They say 'it comes in three's". So, good news about your health, vehicle passes MOT and you found a pen. That's your 3 I'm afraid. Don't bother with a lottery ticket, the 'pen find' has just knackered it for you! :(
Ah well, back to life being a bit crap then! :smilielol5: Regards Dave

They say 'it comes in three's". So, good news about your health, vehicle passes MOT and you found a pen. That's your 3 I'm afraid. Don't bother with a lottery ticket, the 'pen find' has just knackered it for you! :(
Ah well, back to life being a bit crap then! :smilielol5: Regards Dave

does having a swarm earn a minus point?

Planned to inspect hive in garden today....... didnt get the time as they decided to visit a neighbour's fence.

Told neighbour,she wasnt in the slightest bit concerned....... As I had intended to do a split anyway to slow them down, I called a fellow beek and we managed to get them into a skep.....They werent in the slightest bit interested in the nuc box I put there for them.... He's happy with them.
Got stung though..Just over my left eye, which is now half closed.

does having a swarm earn a minus point?

Planned to inspect hive in garden today....... didnt get the time as they decided to visit a neighbour's fence.

Told neighbour,she wasnt in the slightest bit concerned....... As I had intended to do a split anyway to slow them down, I called a fellow beek and we managed to get them into a skep.....They werent in the slightest bit interested in the nuc box I put there for them.... He's happy with them.
Got stung though..Just over my left eye, which is now half closed.

Not a bad day then. Perhaps things come in 5's in Norwich......get that ticket!:D

CT Scan.

From what others uses have said it would seem that quite few have had CT scans.

I had one last Friday and they also injected what I believe they call "contrast"

Couple of days later my stomach started to feel a bit off and wasnt too good the next day but nothing serious............
Giving it some thought I seem to remember the same thing happening after a CT scan 3 months ago but didnt think that it could be related......
I asked the counsultant today and he said "it might have an effect"..

Pity they dont tell you that beforehand..

X-rays with radioactive contrast is always fun. You have to pee before you leave and only use the special loo.
The nausea, hot feeling and gross metalic taste is only part of the entertainment.

Good health to all.

You have to pee before you leave and only use the special loo.
Well I usually have to pee because of the amount of water they tell me to drink, but never been told about using a special loo....

Hi guys,

I'd be grateful if you'd spare a thought for SWMBO (and me) in the next few days.

Mrs Dusty has to have a mastectomy tomorrow, which is a bit of a bummer.

The runes suggest the prognosis is good as the cancers were discovered early as a result of normal screening, and they are described as being 'lazy'.

And the surgeon has a good reputation. The breast-care nurse says he's a master at reconstructive surgery, describing him as an 'artist'.
[When I asked if he could tattoo his signature at the bottom, the look between SWMBO and the nurse, suggested I, too was being lined up for surgery: the type normally reserved for tom cats.]

But as you can imagine, it's a tad unsettling, esp for the boss. So I'd appreciate your thoughts over the weekend.

Dusty

Hi guys,

I'd be grateful if you'd spare a thought for SWMBO (and me) in the next few days.

The runes suggest the prognosis is good as the cancers were discovered early as a result of normal screening, and they are described as being 'lazy'.

And the surgeon has a good reputation. The breast-care nurse says he's a master at reconstructive surgery, describing him as an 'artist'.
[When I asked if he could tattoo his signature at the bottom, the look between SWMBO and the nurse, suggested I, too was being lined up for surgery: the type normally reserved for tom cats.]

But as you can imagine, it's a tad unsettling, esp for the boss. So I'd appreciate your thoughts over the weekend.

Dusty

Best wishes for Mrs Dusty. Hope your cooking and cleaning are up to snuff..

Hi guys,

Dusty

Lots of kind thoughts and good wishes being sent yours and Mrs Dusty's way xx

Back