Hospital Appointment.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to set my alarm to wake me up at 4.00am so I can have a cup of tea and a bit of toast.

Going to set my alarm to wake me up at 4.00am so I can have a cup of tea and a bit of toast.

Remember the 6 hour rule with anaesthetic Dishmop. Don't give them a chance to pass you by again mate.
Might be worth asking if your going to have the procedure and when, then calculate the time. (I know you've probably thought of this, but still.) They cancelled mine when I had the damn theatre socks and gown on and warming up for the entrance music for the 'big fight' LOL They won't bother! ;)

Remember the 6 hour rule with anaesthetic Dishmop. Don't give them a chance to pass you by again mate.
Might be worth asking if your going to have the procedure and when, then calculate the time. (I know you've probably thought of this, but still.) They cancelled mine when I had the damn theatre socks and gown on and warming up for the entrance music for the 'big fight' LOL They won't bother! ;)

Applies mostly to milk... Tea with no milk is classed as clear fluid.
I'm told I am second on the list..........same as last time but the first one was in theatre for nearly 4 hours and I was not expected to be seen for another 2 or three.

Applies mostly to milk... Tea with no milk is classed as clear fluid.
I'm told I am second on the list..........same as last time but the first one was in theatre for nearly 4 hours and I was not expected to be seen for another 2 or three.

Just wondered. Good luck!:)

Hospital must be reading this...

I got a phone call today...... if its not inconvenient, would I like to attend the hosptal on Tuesday morning at 7.00 am.

Echoing Midnight Sun's comment to wish you the very best on Tuesday. I hope all goes according to plan. :)

According to plan...

in a hospital?

Thankyou anyway.

I'm back..
All done and dusted and back home.

Got there at 7.00 am..Later told that they dont start on their "list" until 9.30..so why do we have to be there at 7 ????????
Had interview with a doctor who wanted me to sign another consent form, because the last one said that the cytsoscopy was only being going to be for a "look" but they really needed to be able to scrape back if they found a tumour etc etc..and to investigate if it needed removing....whereas it's already known that it cant be removed except by removing the bladder as well. I told him that if he insisted that that was what he thought he was going to do I would walk out then and there... he settled for a re-dated consent form. As it turned out the tumour is not a bad as they thought it might be....

Getting a bit annoyed by 10.30....then they did a crafty one...at 11 they said they had had a call from theatre to get me ready...............then I sat for just over another hour or more............

I'm back..
All done and dusted and back home.

Got there at 7.00 am..Later told that they dont start on their "list" until 9.30..so why do we have to be there at 7 ????????
Had interview with a doctor who wanted me to sign another consent form, because the last one said that the cytsoscopy was only being going to be for a "look" but they really needed to be able to scrape back if they found a tumour etc etc..and to investigate if it needed removing....whereas it's already known that it cant be removed except by removing the bladder as well. I told him that if he insisted that that was what he thought he was going to do I would walk out then and there... he settled for a re-dated consent form. As it turned out the tumour is not a bad as they thought it might be....

Getting a bit annoyed by 10.30....then they did a crafty one...at 11 they said they had had a call from theatre to get me ready...............then I sat for just over another hour or more............

So are you ok now?....:confused:

Excellent news ... but I think your blood pressure must have gone through the roof with all that waiting ... I know they do it but I really don't understand why they get you in so early for some appointments and they make you wait hours to be seen ...

Excellent news ... but I think your blood pressure must have gone through the roof with all that waiting ... I know they do it but I really don't understand why they get you in so early for some appointments and they make you wait hours to be seen ...

I bet these booking in people used to work for airlines.

I had some private medicine carried out a few years ago under a company policy. If you arrived early, you were seen immediately if there was time. If you arrived on time you were dealt on time.

The NHS is focussed on its own internals like any production and not customer based organisation...basically because it can screw its customers around and they have no choice..

The NHS is focussed on its own internals like any production and not customer based organisation...basically because it can screw its customers around and they have no choice..

Not in my neck of the NHS. Those days are long gone.
Cazza.

The problem is that you have to see three different people before you go to theatre. The nurse who ask yo uall the same question you gave to the receptionist when you booked in.

The anaesthetist who will be there, and one of the surgical team.
These two have to keep coming from theatre area to see patients.

I assume this is so that should anything go wrong the records point to who was at fault and not "well in the notes it says, or doesnt say" No passing the buck.

They showed plans in local paper of how they are going to make the A&E at NNUH a lot bigger so that people dont have to wait inthe corridor and ambulances..............you wont get seen any quicker but it makes the hospital look more efficient

Not in my neck of the NHS. Those days are long gone.
Cazza.

There are certain NHS hospitals in N Staffs which are notorious for keeping patients waiting.

they are going to make the A&E at NNUH a lot bigger so that people dont have to wait inthe corridor
That's simple enough, put a sign up in the corridor which announce 'waiting area' and leave a few chairs scattered around

The sad part is that the ambulance crews keep getting hauled over the coals regarding response times.........its not thier fault though.

The crew have to stay with patient until they are handed over to the A&E staff.

That could be hours........
I spoke with one crew who had only done two jobs that day and spent 90% of thier shift waiting at the hospital....... so when the next crew comes on duty there's no ambulance for them to drive because they're all sitting up at the hospital...

I can hear Jim Griffiths (buried just three miles away - the 'father of the welfare state') and Aneurin Bevan turning in their graves at the mess the Tories are making of the English NHS :D

Last edited:
I can hear Jim Griffiths (buried just three miles away - the 'father of the welfare state') and Aneurin Bevan turning in their graves at the mess the Tories are making of the English NHS :D

I'd rather have an English NHS than the crappie Welsh one under a Labour Government. That's just an embarrassment for Wales.

Latest posts

Back