Honeyland Movie

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got tickets for the weekend. I'll try to post a review after I've seen it.

Well I am sure it will not appeal to all tastes. I'll try to give an overall impression while avoiding spoilers. The film has merits. The cinematography is superb. Some might consider it worth seeing for that alone. It is well acted though it has a quasi documentary feel. Also it is sub-titled. In truth the film is not primarily about beekeeping. Rather the main themes are about rural poverty, isolation and harmonious co-existance with nature. The boisterous family arriving in an almost desserted village are certainly not villains but their lack of sensitivity ultimately has wider repercussions. The film is not maudlin but despite many scenes that are reasonably up beat the film overall is melancholy. The plot is neither deep not complicated, but I suspect the film maker's intention was to be thought provoking rather than offer any solution or moral judgement. Perhaps one to avoid if you feel in need of something uplifting, but if you like to see films that challenge your thinking perhaps worth a punt.

Well I am sure it will not appeal to all tastes. I'll try to give an overall impression while avoiding spoilers. The film has merits. The cinematography is superb. Some might consider it worth seeing for that alone. It is well acted though it has a quasi documentary feel. Also it is sub-titled. In truth the film is not primarily about beekeeping. Rather the main themes are about rural poverty, isolation and harmonious co-existance with nature. The boisterous family arriving in an almost desserted village are certainly not villains but their lack of sensitivity ultimately has wider repercussions.

I really enjoyed it and agree with what you say. Real poverty, a lovely generous lady who lives in balance with her environment, and a family that are doing their best to survive but who come across as selfish and uncaring of anyone outside of their unit. Lots of "natural beekeeping"!! :eek:

Latest posts

Back