Honeydew Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcrazy

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
nil bees given away all colonies
How many members enjoy a cup of tea and toast with honey on it? Lovely!

How many have heard of Honeydew Honey I wonder.

Honeydew is a sugar-rich sticky substance, secreted by aphids and some scale insects as they feed on plant sap. When their mouthpart penetrates the phloem, the sugary, high-pressure liquid is forced out of the gut's terminal opening. You understand that bit?.
So now the honey bee comes along for nice easy pickings of sucrose and returns to the hive, where she passes the liquid to a house bee for processing into honey.
Along comes the beekeeper who collects, jars and sells the honey.

But.........................have you ever thought something like this could be in your honey? (See photo).

Enjoy your toast and honey!!!

Regards;

Lol i bet if you put a kebab from your local take away under the microscope it would show up some interesting things. :puke:

Lol i bet if you put a kebab from your local take away under the microscope it would show up some interesting things. :puke:

I seem to be the only person I know who eats Kebabs when sober,I find it best not to think whats in it.

Still cant be worse than "Bangers" that I purchased from Tesco and later found out they could not say "Sausage" because of the low meat content.

Admin you are so inconsiderate,do you re-alize how many maggots it takes to make one of them.

Back