Honeybees & cow urine.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oddly enough, and its not answering your question, but we had a bit of discussion over cow muck and simliar with regard to bees. The question was why when they have fresh clean water close by do bees sometimes go for a muddy puddle further away? It is a bit like butterflies being attracted to cow pats and we felt it was because of the minerals present in the water.

For a moment I was worried as to what sort of website the link was for Finman

I liked the bit that "If your Urine is the colour of Cola or a reddish brown colour then make an appointment to see your doctor" Damed right you would see your doctor

I think (but not too sure) that the butterflies and possibly the bees as well are going for salts/nutrients not just water.

Bees also go for wet concrete :confused:

I think (but not too sure) that the butterflies and possibly the bees as well are going for salts/nutrients not just water.

Bees also go for wet concrete :confused:

A bit like my dog eating sheep poo, disgusting to me but he seems to enjoy it.:puke:

For a moment I was worried as to what sort of website the link was for Finman

I saw that video 2 years ago and I looked, that "other modern world" have forgot it since that.

"HOLY COWS URINE HONEY"

" LOCAL COW'S URINE HONEY"

BeePeeing.gif

What I have heard about pissing method is against bears.
I have hives near Russian border and bears are living there.

Some say that if you spread his master piss around hives, the bear thinks that it is master's territory.

Punch of hair tells too, that human is nearby.

I have got a bear on my hives only once but a professional beekepers says that 30 km to east it is not possible to keep hives. One summer bears destroyed 60 hives.

But very few bears attack on beehives.

That is true Finman.
I live close to a zoological park and you can get a bag of Lion's poo for your garden.

A cat climbs your fencing smells the Lion's poo and thinks "Bl**dy hell that smells big" no way am I going to use that garden..

That is true Finman.
I live close to a zoological park and you can get a bag of Lion's poo for your garden.

That is good. We have Zoo here too, and if I first try our "National Lion Poo" near my hives.It is very different that of English Lion.

The Finnish military flag, the lion inside. That lion has come from Sweden when we were part of Great Sweden. Otherwise have have not savannas here and we have not even Finnish lion word in language 200 years ago. But now we have lions in Zoo.

fin_war.gif

Last edited:
That is true Finman.

A cat climbs your fencing smells the Lion's poo and thinks "Bl**dy hell that smells big" no way am I going to use that garden..

very little evidence that this actually works in an urban environment, it's just a way of the lion owner getting more money from gullible punters!!

very little evidence that !!

When Soviet Union collapsed 20 years ago, it was sait that they let zoo animal free that they do not starve to death. In those day plenty of people saw a lion near eastern border in Finland. Then it disapeared. So, we have no evindence that it really was lion but tens of people saw it.

Sorry for that. From wikipedia I can see that you have whole society to see big phantom cats.
The Big Cat Sightings Society

Last edited:
Finman,
Given their brown colouring, you can be assured that the short sighted, pigeon chested hunter in your recent photograph has probably eaten them by now - albeit shot at a great distance.

It probably looked like a cow and when told by his friends that it was a lion, he probably smelled bullshit and knew that it had to be an escaped cow. boom boom :)

Hi Finsky

I bet those long Winter nights just fly past with her keeping you warm at night:cheers2:

Latest posts

Back