honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking the mick? Hasn't stopped pi**ing it down in Norfolk since we had that bit of warm weather at christmas!

Having a giraffe?

Raining here.

My water butt 200 litres capacity was two thirds empty on Friday and is over flowing today and is at this moment running off down a hose to the drains.

Mad.

PH

Yes Great 42 supers full of capped honey extracted last weekend and bottled it won 4 competitions with it and sold the lot for £10 a jar ;)

nothing is flying to cold to wet

Nectar flow? Bloody Orinoco Flow more like. And when it stops, the humidity level shoots up and one of my lot have now got nosema. In July. Waaaahhhh!!! Two queens have put their winter drawers on and have stopped laying. Syrup-making sesh tonight for the healthy ones. Already dosing the girls with jippy tums with Fumidil.

On a plus side, took about 12lbs off of the main colony the other week, but short of a miracle I suspect that'll be it for the year. Ho and hum.

Yes Great 42 supers full of capped honey extracted last weekend and bottled it won 4 competitions with it and sold the lot for £10 a jar ;)

:rofl::rofl: :smash::smash:

I was doing well, up until about 10 days ago. I had 1 full super and a half full second supper on 14 hives. I had gotten 8 Nucs mated and big enough to transfer to full hives.

Then our luck broke and we have had non stop rain since. The bees have consumed the half full supers and looking ot start on the full ones.

Bedfordshire just came out of official drought 2 weeks ago. A majority of the rain missed us to begin with. Don't get me wrong we got some rain but no where near what the rest of the county was getting. Its all changed now though. Rain, rain and more rain. But looking at the long rage forecast, it looks as if it may be changing again towards the end of next week into summer weather. That dammed Jet stream is on the move back north again, or so they say.

Out of 3 colonies we have about 7 or 8 super frames which could be extracted. I wonder with the ground so wet, if it does stop raining that is, whether the season will go on later than normal?

Hope so.

Sean

No,
yes- uncapped stores.
stores eaten
feed sugar syrup, not stored
yes uncapped stores
yes capped and uncapped stores
yes capped, uncapped eaten
yes capped and uncapped stores,
NOOOOO back to capped stores and no uncapped.
( the capped stores increasing slightly every time)
IT'S LIKE GROUND_HOG DAY HERE!
Me:eek: bees:willy_nilly:

with the shortage of honey around here due to the inclemnet weather then £10 per lb may be quite cheep for london honey

I doubt i will average 30lbs per colony

Flow, well the lime is almost over and not much left of the brambles
I better have a word with Harrods, put the honey in some fancy blue jars with a picture of green fields and daffodils and call it welsh pure honey and make a fortune ;)

It's warm rain today. bees still flying: a large nectar flow all hives..

We are urban/woods/streams/lime trees/oak/beech/loads of wild flowers .

Probably lime.. HB is just out so not that.

Maybe it;s the start of the Bee Olympics and mine are lost due to a lack of guards?

The lime is in full flower, just a bit of sun......that's all I need......blinked, missed it.....just a bit more......please!!!

Original poster trying to prove that it does not always rain in Manchester?

I've been feeding mine most of the season. This year I am getting nuffink. At least they polinated my allotment.

Latest posts

Back