Honey Warmer Heater

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
I am posting this as I'm a bit stuck. Yes there are lots of threads on this but the links to Ebay and others are either 404 0r 403 or lead to weird sites. So..

My trusty set up failed. I have a controller but the heater is stuffed.

I need something no more than 400mm long if its a rigid heater or of course some sort of cable.

Suggestions welcome.

PH

I use this in homemade wooden box with capacity for 2 x 30lb buckets that has some very basic polystyrene insulation and I can achieve 50+ C.

https://patrickpinker.com/brooder-spares/466-100-egg-240v-diy-incubator-kit

100-egg-240v-diy-incubator-kit.jpg

I am posting this as I'm a bit stuck. Yes there are lots of threads on this but the links to Ebay and others are either 404 0r 403 or lead to weird sites. So..

I need something no more than 400mm long if its a rigid heater or of course some sort of cable.

Suggestions welcome.

PH

Put Hausen tubular heater into ebay or try this fresh link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hausen-E...hash=item48899d9a48:m:m9RZ_Dt2MHtwXOU78vHptOw

I use this in homemade wooden box with capacity for 2 x 30lb buckets that has some very basic polystyrene insulation and I can achieve 50+ C.

That looks a really neat solution.

Suggestions welcome.

PH
For 15l buckets I use a 40l urn. Put something on the bottom so the bucket doe not sit on heater element. In Au cost about $120. does an excelent job. Has a great surface area. For 205l drums, use a drum heater belt. One will do but two is better. The belts are cheap on EBAy Enjoy your beekeeping Geoff

Latest posts

Back