Honey vs syrup & over wintering

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTE="fiat500bee, y. But that still doesn't answer the original question.

Original Question is not relevant. .

Anser is very clear, how bees overwinter with sugar.
[/QUOTE]

We all knew already that bees overwinter perfectly well with sugar; that was not needing an answer. A question on its own like this is relevant...it's what the whole thread is about. :)
I don't think anyone has a personal problem over scientific proof being available, but is it not OK to ask? No-one is forced to answer. ;)

Last edited:
Original Question is not relevant. .

Anser is very clear, how bees overwinter with sugar.

We all knew already that bees overwinter perfectly well with sugar; that was not needing an answer. A question on its own like this is relevant...it's what the whole thread is about. :)
I don't think anyone has a personal problem over scientific proof being available, but is it not OK to ask? No-one is forced to answer. ;)
[/QUOTE]

So, you know the answer, but you insist the question. Ask and ask and ask....I do not stand your odd asking. Like other people have nothing else to do that answer your questions

Not funny at all😝

That sugar science has been revieled 100 -80 years ago. You must go into those studies.

Last edited:

Like other people have nothing else to do that answer your questions

Not funny at all😝

[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask the question but for someone so busy you've spent a lot of time in not answering it. 😁
I only laugh at people when they are intentionally being funny..... I'm smiling with good humour when I use the emoji😁...have a nice day

[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask the question but for someone so busy you've spent a lot of time in not answering it. 😁
I only laugh at people when they are intentionally being funny..... I'm smiling with good humour when I use the emoji😁...have a nice day
[/QUOTE]

Such humorists are Boring, who laugh on their own jokes

I thought that you are some kind of scientist, who is searching for truth.

I tried to help you as will as I can. But now you bullying on me.
Very Strange pal. I am so sad, so sad.😰😭😟

At least you have got professional advices, how to feed sugar to bees.

Last edited:
I tried to help you as will as I can. But now you bullying on me.

@Finman...very strange. o_O I am sorry if you think I am bullying you and I have no intention to cause you any distress. In no way have you tried to help me; in fact you have been fairly hostile in the "help" you have given me.

50+ years a beekeeper.... maybe you know all the answers to all of the questions that ever troubled you in beekeeping and it's very kind of you when you want to share them; we have all benefited. But you can't stop other people having an interest in finding answers to questions which go into matters that you think are irrelevant. ⁉

Calm down folks.
English is not Finman’s first language as you can see. He has a turn of phrase that is sometimes ambiguous
This thread is getting a little buried in semantics.

No worries...I'm very calm...I keep bees and drive old cars. :)

His command of the English languange is immeasurably superior to my knowledge of Finnish. But I accept that there is something being "lost in translation". I do think he understands what the question is about, doesn't see the point of it and would prefer the whole issue to be shut down.

It's a favoured technique of bullies to make claims of being bullied and whilst I appreciate that my responses take us nowhere I prefer not to leave such accusations unchallenged. :sorry:

No worries...I'm very calm...I keep bees and drive old cars. :)

His command of the English languange is immeasurably superior to my knowledge of Finnish. But I accept that there is something being "lost in translation". I do think he understands what the question is about, doesn't see the point of it and would prefer the whole issue to be shut down.

It's a favoured technique of bullies to make claims of being bullied and whilst I appreciate that my responses take us nowhere I prefer not to leave such accusations unchallenged. :sorry:
He’s not a bully. He is just ......... strange.

To feed bees with sugar surely needs translation.

Ps: FIAT, Something strange in your left eye.

Last edited:
Isn't the elephant in the room how the inexperienced beekeeper, who feeds sugar, makes sure that the bees don't move the sugar syrup up to the honey supers when they expand the brood nest area?

He’s not a bully. He is just ......... strange.
Can't be easy for him being cooped up in his log cabin all winter, I suppose during the snows even the 'meals on wheel' van can't get to him, poor old duffer.

You guys are so keen on your sugar, it wouldn't surprise me if you tried.

But seriously, it's time someone explained it....again.

You guys are so keen on your sugar, it wouldn't surprise me if you tried.

But seriously, it's time someone explained it....again.
So that’s where all our sugar that used to flavour our other National drink ( Barr’s Irn Bru) finished up......no wonder your elephants are fat🤭

It’s called banter!

Latest posts

Back