Honey tasting

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Scavenger

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi All.
What are the best things to use to allow tasting the honey before they buy. I was thinking of some wooden lollipop sticks or something similar. Any ideas and where I can get them?

Plastic disposable teaspoons: any supermarket

OR KFC wooden sticks - free.. McD as well/...

I use drinking straws cut in half. Spoons are too big, you would end up giving a lot of the honey away lol

Would cocktail sticks be ok. This is the first time I am selling my honey.

Until some idiot stabbed theirself and wants to sue you on the grounds that you didnt tell them that a smal pointed stick with a very sharp end could cause injury.

Until some idiot stabbed theirself and wants to sue you on the grounds that you didnt tell them that a smal pointed stick with a very sharp end could cause injury.

Don't forget, many stirrers are not for putting in mouths - splinters, cuts risk, etc. only give people things designed to go in mouths such as spoons and straws.

I use wooden tea stirrers from nisbets £3.79 for 1000

We used the same at a big Honey show last year when I was manning the tasting table.
Just have to have 2 containers clearly marked (clean + used) and make sure no-one double dips!

We happen to have a free supply from a member who got them from his works canteen. cough cough

Don't forget, many stirrers are not for putting in mouths - splinters, cuts risk, etc. only give people things designed to go in mouths such as spoons and straws.

Thanks. I think I will get plastic straws or plastic stirrers just to be on the safe side!!

Hi All.
What are the best things to use to allow tasting the honey before they buy. I was thinking of some wooden lollipop sticks or something similar. Any ideas and where I can get them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-White...303?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3375f11297

The more you buy the cheaper they get ... About £4.95 for 1000 - not worth mucking about. We use these at our Association events ... note the comments about big signs for CLEAN and USED and NO DOUBLE DIPPING - you would be amazed at what happens - I've even see people try and dip their finger in the taster jars !!

Found these on Amazon "http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005X5ZVEC/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item"

Last edited:
Back