Honey Straws

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it would work with a compostible straw then this would make great way to serve honey to sporty types.

For those that want to drink honey through a straw it would be easier using a straw directly into a jar of honey.

The idea is that you can have honey in a straw to take backpacking.. or whatever.. without the need to carry a whole quart jar( Is in USA!)
Then you can get your honey hit on the run....

Seems big in America... if packaged in plastic would be a non starter in the UK!

:calmdown:

Is it April the first? What a waste of packaging and plastics! ~Some clever marketing somewhere no doubt .

It's good for customers tasting your honey and it stops double dipping.
For those who go to the farmers markets do you use wooden or plastic stirrers?

When I lived there, my kids would love these straws - cheap and tasty, and they generally don't get too much on their clothes. And us adults liked them too! I suppose the plastic is an issue nowadays but it wasn't then.

It's good for customers tasting your honey and it stops double dipping.
For those who go to the farmers markets do you use wooden or plastic stirrers?

Good idea as a safe taster!

The Risk Assessment we have to provide for the markets we attend precluded opening up jars of honey for prospective buyers to taste.

Bees flying from an observation hive set up in a beekeeping tent last year were raiding the open pots of honey being flogged off at the other side of the tent... fortunately I do not think anyone got stung, despite the arm flapping!

Comment by one of the beeks looking after the observation hive was that the forage in the location must have really been good... as the bees had filled 2 supers and most of the brood frame!

:calmdown:

Latest posts

Back