Honey Pumps ...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OXFORDBEE

Field Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
More than 1, numbers seem to go up and down.
Does anyone out there use a honey pump ... if you do what sort do you use? I gather that nassenheider jar fillers can be used as honey pumps. Does anyone use one of these for pumping honey?

HI OXFORDBEE
if you like to give me a call I might be able to provide something, for a fee or swap (honey
We have now moved to bigger preamises the change of our nucleus / package bees breeding operations, means we have have surplus equipment to our requirments.
All the best mike

PolyHive .. You've used honey pumps haven't you...?

Did it use neoprene rotors and how did it cope with bits of wax in the honey?

The final question is how did it cope with partially granulated honey...?

Lots of questions I know but I'm wondering how neoprene rotors perform as I gather some manufacturers now make stainless steel rotors with an apparently longer lifespan.

Actually none of the above.

It operates via a worm screw inside a stator. The stator is circular to fill the body of the pump and the worm revolves inside it, effectively an Archimedes screw.

I never used any other than clean honey in it, and for creaming honey + pumping honey in to the bottling machine.

I realise this may not help but it was a full blown commercial pump and for that matter still is. Cost me 6 barrels of OSR honey so not a toy version....memory says it took some 240lbs to fill a barrel so if bulk price now is £2 a pound...

I bought mine from a Bee Farmer who had used it for goodness knows how many tons and I used it for a good few more. How much life is left in it I have no idea but it wasn't leaking or exhibiting any issues before I stopped using it.

PH

Last edited:
Once saw a design employing a large bore transparent plastic pie . A wooden rotor was devised having four blades ,this was deployed externally so that as each blade passed over the tube it squeezed the honey along, followed by the next etc. Very simple and effective I believe :).

John Wilkinson

John,

Commonly known as a peristaltic pump.

Used for all sorts of non contact pumping. Depending on the materials used and the fluid can be quite positive displacement.

Regards, RAB

Polyhive thanks for taking the time to reply.

I know what you are talking about. I think I'm thinking about a stainless steel rotor Thomas one.....

All I can say is the tank and pump took my product from amateur to pro in one move. The difference is well.. complete.

PM me if I can assist.

PH

WE have S/H and seen working.
two small st/steel PUMA PUMPS
1 st/st DEPA HYGIENC DIAPHGM PUMP old but working
3 st/st alfa leaval (ssp) Rotary lobe pumps with moters
1 st/st ALFA LAVAL MR SCAVENGE PUMP TYP MR 166 with moter
1 VERDERFLEX AUTOCLUDE with manual auto pro control

Back