Honey prices?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its difficult going up against people selling in lb jars. Would be easier if everyone just stopped selling in that size of jar.

That's clearly the path taken in other retail lines to meet a price point, but what of the environmental issue of increased packaging? David Attenborough must start penning another series every time he sees that original 1kg tub of Quality Street reducing in net grams each year (currently down to 650g and some others are less). :nono:

For every three 1lb jars you're looking at four 12oz, and it can't be as efficient in materials. I'll avoid mentioning 8oz jars... :calmdown:

:ot:
A poor analogy is the modern car that barely does 350 miles on a tank, whereas my old guzzler actually managed 450 and didn't have the time consuming overhead of phaffing at the garage two days earlier each week!

That's clearly the path taken in other retail lines to meet a price point, but what of the environmental issue of increased packaging? David Attenborough must start penning another series every time he sees that original 1kg tub of Quality Street reducing in net grams each year (currently down to 650g and some others are less). :nono:

For every three 1lb jars you're looking at four 12oz, and it can't be as efficient in materials. I'll avoid mentioning 8oz jars... :calmdown:

:ot:
A poor analogy is the modern car that barely does 350 miles on a tank, whereas my old guzzler actually managed 450 and didn't have the time consuming overhead of phaffing at the garage two days earlier each week!

You describe our wasteful hedonistic and capitalistic societal tendencies very well indeed.

Its a good advertising price because its cheap.

Its difficult going up against people selling in lb jars. Would be easier if everyone just stopped selling in that size of jar.

The issue is, it shouldnt be a race to the bottom to clear stock. It should be the opposite. Support each other to raise the price, of what is a very valuable commodity.
Don't understand why people should 'just stop selling in one pound jars'. Is that because some beekeepers are trying to pull the wool over customers' eyes, trying to get the same price but for smaller jars? Do we really want to equate our product with reduced sizes of chocolate bars or Quality Street?

Latest posts

Back