Honey price

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winter bee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hi, I'd like to find out what is bulk (10l buckets or more) honey price this year, spring and summer.
I understand it is not easy to answer straight but could you at least give me a ballpark price.

Much appreciated.

Id like to know too and also does anyone sell bulk say 1kg plus tubs from a stall or gardengate -appropriate clientele?

I get some orders for half or full dozen jars at a time- I'm thinking of offering them bulk if they want and see f I can get the tubs a a reasonable price.

Hi, I'd like to find out what is bulk (10l buckets or more) honey price this year, spring and summer.
I understand it is not easy to answer straight but could you at least give me a ballpark price.

Much appreciated.
I’ve seen £3.30 to £3.50 bandied about.

I charge £7/lb no matter what configuration I sell it. I reckon I could sell it for more but with beeks selling cheaper locally its a struggle.

By the 30lb bucket its £3.50 min for OSR, more for hedgerow honey

In previous years when supply of UK honey has been lower, the price has been higher.

However this season is looking to be a bumper one all round for many areas so bulk in buckets (30lb+) are currently around the £2.80-£3.10 per lb mark

Bulk honey in barrels up to £2.80/lb - £2.95/lb mark

It’s about supply and demand…that’s not to say you can’t get a higher price for the odd bucket of honey but large volumes are currently around the price above

KR

S

BFA survey results in June edition showed the average just under £3.80lb for buckets and just over £3.30 lb in barrels in 2022
Looks on par with what I'm getting although as I'm not a Big Boy player, I don't sell in barrels for a slightly less price per lb.

Looks on par with what I'm getting although as I'm not a Big Boy player, I don't sell in barrels for a slightly less price per lb.
I don’t plan to sell bulk £10 / £11 a lb jarred for summer/ spring runny honey whole sale is good enough and I would rather sit on it than sell for that bulk price , imo bulk honey is sold to low .

I don’t plan to sell bulk £10 / £11 a lb jarred for summer/ spring runny honey whole sale is good enough and I would rather sit on it than sell for that bulk price , imo bulk honey is sold to low .
Website address? ....
A ton and a half is a heck of a lot of jars.

What sort of price are people getting for jarred honey from local retailers? I note the bulk price of £3 a pound, which is what my local equipment supplier/honey farmer offered me for buckets.

£7-£8 for 12oz easily achieved around here and plenty of demand.

Who knows with things how they are going between uk warlords and china warlords. Soon may have trade embargo against china and maybe hopefully the honey flavoured stuff wont be imported anymore, thus saving uk honey farmers

Who knows with things how they are going between uk warlords and china warlords. Soon may have trade embargo against china and maybe hopefully the honey flavoured stuff wont be imported anymore, thus saving uk honey farmers
But ... the UK does not produce enough honey from beefarmers to completely supply the demand for supermarket honey ... Gales no longer buy in UK honey - presumably buying cheaper and with continuity of supply from abroad ....? Even if a supply from abroad was embargoed they would still face the price competition even if it could not be filled.

Been there on the receiving end of Supermarket buyers (not in honey I would admit) and it takes a brave man to shut the bag and say I cannot supply you AT THAT PRICE ... because there will always be someone (and you can question their wisdom) who will be prepared to deal !

the market for cheap (chinese or whatever) honey and quality (British) honey are two unrelated things and even if Chinese honey was banned those customers would not come over to the UK stuff, and anyway, we couldn't produce enough to meet the demand even if they did.
It's just a pointless comparison.

the market for cheap (chinese or whatever) honey and quality (British) honey are two unrelated things and even if Chinese honey was banned those customers would not come over to the UK stuff, and anyway, we couldn't produce enough to meet the demand even if they did.
It's just a pointless comparison.
I agree, 2 completely different markets. Cheap crap and relatively expensive artisan honey.
I could sell every jar of my honey several times over so it’s not worth any of us small time suppliers worrying about what is imported. Just get the right price for every jar you sell.

Blimey, you're going to be a busy chap, I calculate:

Your honey crop [jarred] has or will be sold for north of £43k [@£11/lb]
You have or will have used a total of just shy of 4000 1lb jars or 5289 12oz jars

You've managed to secure a sales price nearly three fold the national average ..... well done

Is the processing of your harvest manual or automated? how many jars a week does your wholesaler want you to deliver?

Reactions: mbc
Blimey, you're going to be a busy chap, I calculate:

Your honey crop [jarred] has or will be sold for north of £43k [@£11/lb]
You have or will have used a total of just shy of 4000 1lb jars or 5289 12oz jars

You've managed to secure a sales price nearly three fold the national average ..... well done

Is the processing of your harvest manual or automated? how many jars a week does your wholesaler want you to deliver?
That sale price is about average around me,

That sale price is about average around me,
Wouldn't disagree Ian I have no experience of selling round you. just seeing it in print is eye opening. In Surrey with its close proximity to the big smoke I could perhaps understand it. Just curious how he handles his harvest. I'd automate with the first years rewards for sure.

Latest posts

Back