Honey price

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[QUOTE=psafloyd; £350 for a half pound.

its that rare in my hives my girls would tell me to snatch your hands off

liquid gold :drool5:

Around here jarred £3.25-£3.50 a lb to shops.
£2 a lb in buckets.
I gave up selling direct. Too much time spent.

This is part of an email sent to association members today:
May I take this opportunity to remind you all that Honey is currently selling at £5 per pound wholesale and between £6.50 to £7 retail.
Remember the time, effort and expense that went into the production

LAdy B was selling our honey for £5.00 a jar last year and everyone was happy to pay it (in fact the first few jars the amount was offered not asked for) and we have loads of orders for this year - all we need now is the honey!!

I think your wholesale figure is seriously wrong, if that is by that word you mean bulk?

If you look back at what ITLD posted not that long ago he thought a considerable amount of bulk was being held over from the previous seasons.

Just a note of caution not to be carried away.

PH

This is part of an email sent to association members today:
May I take this opportunity to remind you all that Honey is currently selling at £5 per pound wholesale and between £6.50 to £7 retail.
Remember the time, effort and expense that went into the production

LAdy B was selling our honey for £5.00 a jar last year and everyone was happy to pay it (in fact the first few jars the amount was offered not asked for) and we have loads of orders for this year - all we need now is the honey!!

She was selling half pound jars BTW! But I thought £%.00 wholesale was a bit high

Honey on Eb*y currently for 'Buy it now' price of £2.30/lb in 35lb buckets. Sounds like I could bottle it and make some money :rolleyes:

I have no connection, or knowledge of the supplier at all, and only raise it here as it's relevant to the thread.not worthy

Cut comb?

What about cut comb ? I put a few unwired frames in the super to try this and have some cartons with lids from tho**es in a box in the shed. Given the wax content I assume it would go for bigger price but have no idea how much.

Any advice?

If you look back at what ITLD posted not that long ago he thought a considerable amount of bulk was being held over from the previous seasons.

No need to take my word for it...lol. Try phoning the likes of Rowse and ask if they want to buy 5 tonnes of blossom honey. They apparently have a years stock in hand from last year, and their main stockholder has still more sitting allocated to them. Same story at some other packers. The price is at a level that has met mass market resistance, plus money is tight with many potential customers, and so they are just selling far far less than before

If you can seel it at a decent price locally in jars do so, that market is both less price sensitive, and susceptible to the doom and gloom about bees in the media. Those people who buy local honey anyway will pay top money for it, but this is not a market open to, or of sufficient scale for, operations like mines.

So a crap year in the UK could be a blessing in disguise if it creates a lack of supply and helps prevent a slide in prices for UK honey.

Here there's always too much honey for the local market and the bulk is exported.

Chris

Latest posts

Back