Honey price

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BT Beekeeper

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
2 on double brood boxes
Seen at a National Trust property in Cornwall, local wildflower honey for £7.50 for half a pound.

Can anyone beat that?!

evidently TH**** are selling honey for 3 quid per 1lb jar, i bet they dont pay the same as us for the jars or labels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seen at a National Trust property in Cornwall, local wildflower honey for £7.50 for half a pound.

Can anyone beat that?!

If I really thing about all the work and money I have put in over the past years then I don’t think it’s too much.

I think we under price our selves due measuring our honey against cheap imports often from non EU countries or large British commercials who, as this is their living, do honey production better than any of us. So we should not try and compete with these prices or even try and have our product in the same category.........

That is if I ever see any honey, the only honey I have ever had has stayed with the bees as they needed it more than me!

I am not bitter about my lack of honey ….but I am desperate….

I sold 200 half pound jars (OSR Honey) within 3 hours at a car boot sale the other week at £3.50 a jar

For me £3.50 per half pound - absolutely no guilt considering how hard it is to produce in our climate and the amount of effort / time involved.

5 years ago at a Bee Farmers shop in Wales...

£14.99 for a bog standard squat pound jar with a not brilliant label. Honey was clear though have to say.

PH

I'm not expecting any honey this year ...glad I still have a 15lb 2010 bucket in the larder.. it's hard work maintaining healthy bees and getting a harvest and I wouldn't feel bad about getting a good price for a quality product if the customer is prepared to pay!

how does sale price generally work if you go through a local shop?

If 1/2lb would sell off doorstep for 3.50, 1lb for 5.50 I assume shop would be same price but what cut would they take?

Just planning ahead, after all it is supposed to be a scorcher next week

If 1/2lb would sell off doorstep for 3.50, 1lb for 5.50 I assume shop would be same price but what cut would they take?

Most places i approached in my area wanted to pay £3.50lb. On having such small quantities i was not willing to let it go at that low price. So i took mine to the car boot sale and got twice that price for it.

£3.25 to shops per half pound and they mark it up to £4.50. If they don't want to buy it at that price I move on, nobody has complained yet though.

Even if it is sunny next week is there any actual forage left to come? Or is it all over?

large amounts,especially off himalayan balsam and the rose bay willow herb is just starting.

I've sold mine at £5.50/lb or a tenner for two and £350 for a half pound.

Someone I gave a half pound jar to came back and asked to buy four jars of honey. I bagged up four and took a score off her, but she thought it would be a fiver for each of the half pounders. She was well pleased.

buy as much as u like around here between £3-00 and £3-50 a pound thats the going rate here

I can sell it all day at work for £5.00 but think it should be more than that for Welsh honey.

Latest posts

Back