honey price update

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my spring crop is sold out so my local shop have started selling Somerton Beekeepers honey which I can only presume is a conglomerate of local beekeepers in the Somerton area.

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that Somerton Beekeepers honey is from hives in the Somerton Beekeepers Association teaching apiary, not a mix of honeys from various beekeepers local to Somerton.

Reactions: Niv
I may be wrong, but my understanding is that Somerton Beekeepers honey is from hives in the Somerton Beekeepers Association teaching apiary, not a mix of honeys from various beekeepers local to Somerton.
Makes sense. I wondered how they maintained traceability! Thanks

Your comment came up in the email newsletter so thought I'd throw my hat in lol Are your prices still the same?

I sell 12oz for £11 and 8oz for £8.

yup...that sounds a good price...i wonder if these are direct to customer prices or the price to another retailer?

Iminohoney? The blurb associated with this product is pure scientidrivel. The emotionally vulnerable, their bank accounts and cats and dogs should be protected from such charlatans.
I took it to be worse than that. I took it to be "only for cats and dogs, *wink wink, nudge nudge*"
I really hope nobody falls for this crap and forgoes regular cancer treatment in favour of some overpriced honey.

I really hope nobody falls for this crap and forgoes regular cancer treatment in favour of some overpriced honey.
Some do I’m afraid, usually those desperate in terminal disease. But not all though. I had a neighbour who berated all the local farmers for using antibiotics and when she got colon cancer she refused any treatment but her own. It must have been a huge shock of faith when they didn’t work.

Maybe its about local competition: My local commercial beekeeper retails his standard honey at £5.75 /340g and it sells in the local garden centres and shops.
I'm selling ad hoc at £5/340g which my BKA colleagues think is very good.
Maybe its all relative too. How much is a pint of beer in North London, Essex and Surrey? Its about £3.50 to £3.80 here. My local garage charges £30 for an MOT and diesel fuel is £195.6/L

I suppose another reason for not charging more might be to not go over the £1000 gross income limit set by HMRC in order to not have a potential load of hassle.

Latest posts

Back