Honey - more effective than conventional medicine

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quick scan of the paper doesn't reveal what dose they used - 1 teaspoon a day, 3 a day, 3 tablespoons??

God! Wouldn’t want to overdose on honey!! He must be a doctor.

https://publishing.rcseng.ac.uk/doi...e Henry,honey to be poured into the wound’. 1
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...search?q=prince+henry+arrow+wound&FORM=HDRSC3
had mine tested at Cardiff school of Pharmacy - and like most local honeys it was active against Cl. difficile and MRSA.
The "Welsh Manuka" had high plant DNA profile of bluebells and wild garlic.

Honey probably great for topical application, but my medical background makes it hard for me to believe it gets absorbed by the gut to be effective elsewhere. 0.5m HCL in the stomach tends to denature everything unless its protected by a capsule

I wont argue the point however - especially if someone wants to buy my honey...

Last edited:
It has always been held in high regard as a medicine in Wales. The laws of Hywel Dda (10th century) had a section devoted to bees and mead making the Physicians of Mydfai who were around in the 13th Century used honey in many of their cures. In fact, the Welsh for physician 'Meddyg' is derived from 'Medd', the Welsh for mead.
The word 'mead' can be traced right back to the proto-IndoEuropean language that is the root of many languages in Europe and beyond, including Welsh/Celtic, English, Greek, Latin and all the Latinate languages, all the Germanic languages, Persian, Sanskrit and a now-extinct language in western China. The podcast where I heard this said it's also a particularly useful word because it's part of the evidence for the original location of that language, north of the Black & Caspian Seas, between the Urals and the Carpathians. If memory serves me right, the word in proto-IndoEuropean was actually used for honey, not mead and it's meaning has mutated over the 6-8000 years since then. The precise reason why it was so useful now escapes me - it's either because honeybees were not distributed east of the Urals at that time, or because they are somehow certain that people were not using honey there

well I think this is going to be a nightmare. Now every man and his dog will now tell you the benefits of honey like their some kind of expert and you’ve never seen the news!! I’m just getting over the “mite experts” that tell you “there’s a mite that kills bees” like I don’t know!!! Then they insist on tellIng you all they’ve heard on the news 🥱and won’t listen to you. Now it’s going to be the same with honey. They’ll all be cough medicine experts. 😞

yes but Local non-imported honey the best....not the golden coloured trash I keep seeing in the supermarkets thats largely non-EU and ultra filtered

Back