Honey labels

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Do you print your own if so what labels do you use and what software.
If you buy them where do you get them from.

:cheers2:

Do you print your own if so what labels do you use and what software.
If you buy them where do you get them from.

:cheers2:

There was a stall at Stoneleigh doing them for a decent rate. I thought that it was Paradise Honey, but I cannot see them on their website, so maybe it wasn't.

I picked up a sample, so will see if I still have it unless anybody else could remember?

I have used Thornes in the past for lack of much competition at the time.

Any word processor will be able to print labels. Open Office is free but you can also download Avery DesignPro 5 Lite for free from the Avery site. This is a simple label printing application. The problem is finding free art work so if anyone knows of any please let me know.

Last edited:
I made the attached with just microsoft power point. Picture was free of copy right as I took it:cheers2:

Note the play on word of Home made and Holme Made (my village)

Last edited:
Ah - okay.

I made some labels on my computer when I used to make jams and marmalade, the biggest problem was sticking them on................I suppose if you go to some muggle shop like PC World, you can buy labels and indeed a programme to print them on. At the time I used Corel print House, which was brilliant. I've tried to download the Avery thing, but my computer wasn't having any of it.............

Frisbee

I'm operating windows 7 ultimate and it likewise it wont load avery sortware :(.
John Wilkinson

I've looked around for sheets of blank labels at the size that Thornes do them, 80mm x 51mm but can't find them anywhere.

If anyone knows where I can get sheets of that size label I'd be interested to know.

Gtb?

I googled this string. "label+81x50" WITH quotes.

Result: http://www.dhmpaper.com/paperProducts/heroLabels.htm

;)

PH

Cool! thanks for the link. Obviously your Google foo is better than mine :cheers2:

Unfortunately they[*] have a huge delivery charge (£5.17 even for a small order) so it's cheaper to get them from Thornes.

[*] OOps, that was meant to be a reply to David P. The delivery charge I mentioned is is from handylabels

Last edited:
I have mine made by a small,helpful buisness, local to me,the labels i have made are not cheap,tried other companys to see if i could get the same quality cheaper,but they were unable to do the hot foil type gold and red as i wanted it,with this company you can do your own design with there input.good quality labels are as important as whats in the jar,or more.you are doing your product an injustice if your sticking some crap label on it. link below,if it works.

http://www.valelabels.co.uk/

Last edited:
I agree totally and for what it's worth I chip in this.

At a big trade fair I was given a lesson on fonts.

KISS........... If the consumer canna read it they winna pick it up, if it ain't handled it stays on the shelf.

If it canna be read it is useless.

My blossom was Silver writing on Blue. My Heather was Gold on Black. My Whisky honey was Gold on Red. Hotfoil all three.

All I want now is a very wee label for my cut comb.

PH

PH its funny you should post about fonts because this afternoon I was looking at the honey shelves in Waitrose and noticed they are selling a local bee farm/honey packers produce,the label blocking and font they are using has to be one of the worst I have ever seen.

Price was £3.89/LB

I spoke to someone who does farmers markets. He said he sells more honey if the label looks simpler as in home produced as if the label looked too professional people were asking if really was his. So I think I will try a design of my own and see how it goes.
As for the delivery charges on some of the labels its scandalous.

Latest posts

Back