Honey is Great !!!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
I just wanted to enthuse with people who might understand but I have just extracted all my honey - about 160lbs off 2 hives and it tastes great! the best thing to put on bread ever!!!! Have to much for my own use so have offered some to neighbours and am always suprised when people say ' oh I dont like honey' - very strange!!! I hope you have as good a year as me ....
Honey Rules...

I'm new and in my first year - have a super almost full. I never eat honey. Nice stuff but not fussed.

God knows what I'm going to do with my honey.

Guess I must be a bit of a weird beek :)

I've heard about this, apparently in the olden days beeks use to get honey from their hives - but not in climate change yorkshire! Nice one Samuel. I'm thinking of selling potted wasp.

:ack2:

Honey

Hi

We managed to extract about 40lb from two hives at the end of May, thinking that there would be more to come at the end of the summer.

Unfortunately the bees had other plans, and there seems to be no more till next year. What have the bees been doing for the the last two months?? They always seem to be busy, weather permitting, but they certainly are not busy making honey for me. I think i need to have a word!

J

Unfortunately the bees had other plans, and there seems to be no more till next year.

You may well yet be surprised. It is only early August. Remember Britain has a very nice climate but the weather can be lousy!

Regards, RAB

You know how to make a chap jealous, don't you?!

We got our first colony this (late) Spring, and have been watching with concern and enthusiasm. Absolutely no sign of the little Bs drawing the super frames yet - and thus barely a whiff of honey!

Still ... I guess there is always next year.

Most people seemed to moan about the weather in July but from my calculations I've had 5 good days out of every 7. The bees have expanded enough to put a super on next weekend. This month looks set to produce some really hot days so fingers crossed I might at least get some super frames drawn out for next year.

Latest posts

Back