• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Honey For Sale Honey for sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moira

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Three largish (25lbs each) of honey for sale. I have not weighed it exactly but will do so. Would like to sell all three together but can split. Cambrideshire

It has not been strained and straight from the extractor so will have wax cappings in it and other bee bits to seive out. Im really selling it well arent I! Its Spring honey and yes it will have OSR in it so will need warming before it can be jarred. I was thinking £4.00 per Ilb if thats reasonable.

Moira £4 sounds fine am sure you’ll find a buyer. In terms of filtering I suggest you use the term rough filtered from extractor !! Hell Chuck raw in you can ask more😂 ignore the doom mongers! I can never understand those that start a running commentary when people put items up for sale.

Moira £4 sounds fine am sure you’ll find a buyer. In terms of filtering I suggest you use the term rough filtered from extractor !! Hell Chuck raw in you can ask more😂 ignore the doom mongers! I can never understand those that start a running commentary when people put items up for sale.
It's funny coz I can never understand people commenting on threads they haven't read properly. The OP clearly asks if £4 would be reasonable, hence the replies.....

I think £4 is reasonable as filtered and jarred honey here in Cambridgeshire sells for £10/Ilb and once you factor in the jars, labelling and time spent filtering and jarring up you would still make a healthy profit if you brought at £4. So Im sticking with £4 especially as I think the bees have been wrestling with putting down capped honey and it may be in short supply. Anyway we shall see. If anyone would like to buy the buckets please PM me. Many tx.

Oh
It's funny coz I can never understand people commenting on threads they haven't read properly. The OP clearly asks if £4 would be reasonable, hence the replies.....
Oh I read it properly she clearly asked/responded to Dani, didn’t see your name mentioned? £4 appears more than reasonable. I suppose it depends on what your used to getting. Ian

I would say if you want £4 then stick to your guns as you know the quality and whether it is worth it.

Oh

Oh I read it properly she clearly asked/responded to Dani, didn’t see your name mentioned? £4 appears more than reasonable. I suppose it depends on what your used to getting. Ian
Didn't see your name mentioned either but clearly not a problem for you to stick your snout in?

Soft set going to be rear this year?
And the lack of osr is brilliant I'm not going to have to get a chizzel out to process.
No osr near me this year but I've still got plenty of soft set 😁
Good luck to the OP by the way. I went to a butchers near me and they were selling pound jars supplied by the county's largest producer at £4.30. Puts things into perspective

No osr near me this year but I've still got plenty of soft set 😁
Good luck to the OP by the way. I went to a butchers near me and they were selling pound jars supplied by the county's largest producer at £4.30. Puts things into perspective
i think there is very much a case of it dosent matter what your selling its how much effort you put into selling it i see a lot of 227g jars for £5.50+. i also see a lot of bigger jars for less it all seems to sell, imo dont be cheep and dont race to the bottom

Why so cheap? £4 per kilo or per lbs?
here people selling British honey *(from Westfield ) for £6 for jar of 220 grams, not good quality, in forest gate, east London.

Latest posts

Back