Honey Flows in South East England

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonkeyDonz

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Can anyone advise me of the average peak times in SE England? We're in East Sussex! Ian

That question depends on area to some degree and can change literally just down the road! Plus can be totally off if your in range of a specific agricultural crop. Then add in weather😂I’m Surrey/Berks boarders so not that far, main summer flow can start beginning of June with bramble. Mid June limes will start with flowering and different types into early July. The first sweet chestnut normally starts beginning of July and is mainly done by the third week in the month. That pretty much sums up my summer in this area. Then chuck in weather rain or drought that can affect the various flowering periods.

Last edited:
Broadly agree with Ian. If OSR is about there will be a spring peak when it flowers of the weather is right. Main summer flow is usually around mid June but now well over- a trickle in some sites.

Okay, thank you! Yes had OSR here this summer, successfully span off before crystallisation & achieved a good colony split. Now spinning off all capped super frames this weekend & applying Apiguard

Latest posts

Back