• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Honey extractor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterbean

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi to all beekeepers, i live in the lincolnshire area and i am looking for a honey extractor..(arn't we all)...stainless preferred but would settle for a plastic one, electric too please...and radial...not a lot to ask i know..lol...but if u dont ask! many thanks i hope someone has what i need..cheers all.

Have you got what he wants Fris ?? ...........

Last edited:
JC you old devil,nice to see you posting.
I hope you are keeping well :cheers2:

Hello Admin, .... I'm still ticking over, :) ............. or is it falling over ?

I had a good chat on the land-line with Hivemaker a couple of nights ago following a look in here.

JC.

What ones do you have for sale Frisbee?

Oh....two old ones, y'know the tinned variety, a 6 frame and a nice little 2 frame. Although no longer useable due to hygiene regulations, the gearing on them (and smoothness of running) is far superior to the mechanical ones available today. I had the dubious pleasure of watching someone trying to extract in a Thorne's budget 2 frame which is a direct wind and has no gearing.

Frisbee

Oh....two old ones, y'know the tinned variety, a 6 frame and a nice little 2 frame. Although no longer useable due to hygiene regulations, the gearing on them (and smoothness of running) is far superior to the mechanical ones available today. I had the dubious pleasure of watching someone trying to extract in a Thorne's budget 2 frame which is a direct wind and has no gearing.

Frisbee

You could get them food grade poly dipped ?

John Wilkinson

Quote > You could get them food grade poly dipped ?

how much would that cost ? out of interest

its a shame we dont have anyone on the forum that works in a stainless steel tin bashing shop where we could get the outer tanks made and we can make our own frames for inside,

and hello john nice to see your out and about on the forum again, you must pop around for dinner again some time and Alison can feed us a slap up meal again

Quote > You could get them food grade poly dipped ?

I dare say you could but the cost would be approaching the one on this auction site, I would have thought, if not more.

At around half price of the new item, it looks to me to be very good value for those with only one or maybe two hives. All ways round a starting point and will not lose so much, if the purchaser wanted to move it on later and buy a bigger extractor.

No personal interest here, of the item in the auction.

Regards, RAB

Latest posts

Back