Honey extraction shopping list 😁

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably because people don't collect them until they need them and the poor person doing the order ends up storing a garage full of jars for the convenience of others .... and if payment is not collected in advance of the order .... good luck getting the money out of some people.... and woe betide if there is a dented lid in the box or a broken jar.

Been there and done that ....unless, like a few associations, they have a storage facility and a proper shop ... anything left to the generosity of a member is a risk ...
I don't disagree but BABKA run the sales through the association and payment is required prior to or on collection. Apiguard, foundation etc are also bulk bought and sold on.at advantageous prices. It's one of the benefits of joining.

West Dorset BKA bulk purchase jars, foundation and varroa treatments every year that I have been a member. Very advantageous prices on jars. We pay on collection from where the jars are unloaded (or from a helpful member). Never aware of any problem in a very friendly and well organised association. Sad if not all associatiuons are the same!

I don't disagree but BABKA run the sales through the association and payment is required prior to or on collection. Apiguard, foundation etc are also bulk bought and sold on.at advantageous prices. It's one of the benefits of joining.

West Dorset BKA bulk purchase jars, foundation and varroa treatments every year that I have been a member. Very advantageous prices on jars. We pay on collection from where the jars are unloaded (or from a helpful member). Never aware of any problem in a very friendly and well organised association. Sad if not all associatiuons are the same!
It's great when it works ... Portsmouth BKA have an association shop and they stock a variety of consumables and kit. It relies on one member who has run the shop, which has its own premises, for years, opening most Saturdays during the season.

I think most people appreciate the benefits when someone takes the initiative and explores the advantages of bulk buying and play by the rules .... but there are always exceptions who spoil it for the rest.

I've just purchased my Invertbee through one of oural association members who has a lot of hives and buys in pallet loads - he's happy to add other people's orders and pass on the benefits of his buying power and I really appreciate his efforts.

My local BKA have stopped bulk buying jars for some reason
The usual reason is that just a handful of people do all the work - order stuff, receive deliveries, find temporary storage for it, whilst everyone else just sit on their backsides, complain, demand someone delivers it to their doors, orders then change their minds once the stuff arrives, are tardy in paying etc.etc.etc.

Latest posts

Back