Honey Extraction Equipment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That, Gary, is a revelation. My frames are so badly uneven I end up using mostly an uncapping fork. I think it's time I bit the bullet and evened them up. Next year.
hence why this obsession with thicker and thicker combs of honey is a nonsense, in the end it just makes things harder.
Heard one banging his gums at the Royal Welsh honey show last month about the fact that the frame display case he'd bought from Thornes was too narrow for his 'best' combs until someone pointed out to him that the class was titled 'frames suitable for extraction' not 'fattest frame'

hence why this obsession with thicker and thicker combs of honey is a nonsense, in the end it just makes things harder.
It's taken me a few years to realise this. Having even frames would at least stop me moaning to Stan every time extraction time comes round

You know, I'd never thought of using an electric carving knife. I'm sure I saw an old one hanging around the workshop the other day.

Found it. It must be close to fifty years old! It's one of these

moulinex-knife.jpg

It still appears to work, so I'm going to have to give it a try.

James

Latest posts

Back