Honey and health, human variety.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
No surprise here...

Today's Telegraph.

"Honey could help fight superbugs.

Honey could be used to treat MRSA and other antibiotic resistant superbugs , scientists have claimed.

Defensin-1, a protein with anti bacterial properties which is provided by bees, was the most effective in fighting bacteria, a team at the academic Medical Centre in Amsterdam found."

I thought every body already knew this and had for umteen years, if not centuries.

PH

Maybee the effect of Defensin-1 is a recent discovery like Crocodillin...

and if it does indeed pass all the hurdles of proof that will be demanded of it, the forces of darkness, unable to patent it and make money will spent gazillions in discrediting the research, the researchers and the truth......... :coolgleamA:

Now now Brosville I am surprised that you do not already know that in Australia a honey bandage has been approved.

A plastic surgeon was once quoted as saying that if all else fails a honey bandage works to which I thought if the honey bandage fails you are stuffed anyway so why not try it first and save a lot of patient grief.

PH

I never got a honey patch on my multiple skin grafts(mid 90's). I did get seeweed dressings to help speed things up though...

I can see the people in Bayer and companies of that ilk shuddering at such a statement of heresy - treatments that do not involve patentable drugs? - that'll have to stop! :coolgleamA:

Latest posts

Back