Home brew

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the naked beekeeper,
there are about 20 differant types of specific wine and beer yeasts avalible to buy, if you let me know in a email what type of fruit ,flower, herbs you want to turn to wine i will send an idiot list of instructions for you, dont worry about all the tecno talk here , in 12 months i can produce a good copy of most wines, top class excepted from this we usual make around 20 gallons of rhubarb wine which we make to be a lieb german wine at around 6 % alc but the worste or best depends on your point of view is a wheat wine i produce at around 28% alc and it tastes very similar to jack danials, i have evan made ribena wine at 20 % just to blow some ones head off and it did

Whilst I usually steer clear of home made wine (but good home made beer is great), I was offered some Tomato and Ginger recently. It was surprisingly palatable but I shall stick to standard modern red plonk for a medicinal heart-starter.

(it's the heart-stoppers I have trouble with ;) no names, no pack drill :) )

Tomato is one of the last things I would have thought suitable for wine making. Don't ask me why, just a gut reaction, perhaps something I read many years ago.
Any other thoughts on tomatoes for wine?

You should see the truck loads of them tipped in the streets for fiesta in some parts of Spain.

I had my first taste of home brew beer yesterday, i was doing a job on a roof in the baking heat when the owner asked if id like a drink. Thinking he meant a cup of tea i accepted but was pleasantly surprised to get a pint of homebrew bitter. After five pints it began to grow on me, we sat for ages chatting crap and the job had to be finished today,and i had to get a taxi to work as my van had to stay the night.
Needless to say im off to get a brew kit at the weekend.

tomatoes are part of the holy trinity in wine worlds it was concidered imposible to do but i have a recipe for them and have tried several times but failed to produce something i would drink the other two are lettuce and liquorice roots , basicly wine can be made from them but the question stand why, it tastes like petrol, the better half alison brews beer from kits , basicly a week in a 5 gallon bucket to ferment then into bottles or a barrel leave for another three weeks then drink, lovely stuff the various kits about mean that for an outlay of £30 quid gives you 40 pints and then on its £10 to £20 per kit for another 40 pints , the biggest problem is when i go out to the pub and then i find out how much you have to pay in the real world, we only have a few then go home and get smashed

Latest posts

Back