holes in peppers /chillis-whats making them ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzo

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
hi,
last 2 years losing a lot of peppers /chillis due to small holes -up to 1/2 cm being made into them . opening the pepper i find no insect or grub inside.
driving me mad.. suprsingly tomatoes and cucumber are untouched.

Any ideas?

B.

Earwigs, pain in the bum for peppers. They leave a brown stain inside where the excrete. Try and keep the fruit apart, not touching, and try and stand them on something to stop the earwigs climbing up. First sign is distorted fruit.

got to the truth .slugs were abrading the peppers skins,eventually making holes for various critters to move into.

got to the truth .slugs were abrading the peppers skins,eventually making holes for various critters to move into.
We grow all our peppers and chillies in pots. Had a huge harvest this year. We just halve the peppers and freeze them. They go on all sorts of things throughout the year. We freeze chillies whole. They are just as good as fresh when thawed and still just as hot. Can't see the point of drying them!

Always have huge pepper harvest too. Lightly oiled whole and cooked in oven for 30 minutes then skinned. Skinning them turns them into a completely different but heavenly vegetable. Time consuming but worth it.

We grow all our peppers and chillies in pots. Had a huge harvest this year. We just halve the peppers and freeze them. They go on all sorts of things throughout the year. We freeze chillies whole. They are just as good as fresh when thawed and still just as hot. Can't see the point of drying them!
Drying chillies and grinding for sausages, as we do.. Sweet peppers would be good too, but have no time for it..
One of way of storing sweet peppers we do is roasting and taking afterward skin off. Such store in the freezer. After, during the winter we make them as salad with garlic, oil, vinegar or breading them and as main meal. Also we use a lot of it for making Ajvar.. We use kapija/roga type of peppers for this - red color. I posted somewhere on forum pics of..

Latest posts

Back