hiya !!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefaye

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hiya from rainy central Scotland...can't believe I chose the wettest year on record to start beekeeping. So grateful for the beginners course at the start of the year or I don't know how I would have coped.
I got my very peaceful Buckfast bees in June and have loved every minute since.
It was a slow start as I ended up with an infertile queen and took a while to get rid of the subsequent drones. I now have a stunning yellow dot queen and a hard working colony.
I've learned the hard way that bees don't stick to rules of the beekeeping books. Been adjusting feed and frames throughout the months.
Not enough stores for honey this year but didn't really expect it. Just going to apiguard them this week and get them in trim condition for winter.
Just please let the sunshine.
I have my hive sited with a small group of beginners, thanks to Falkirk council, but now feel ready to break away and do the beekeeping alone with mentoring from a distance. Going to move my bees to my garden over winter then hope to find a wee piece of land for next spring. Hoping for a split and have two hives for 2013.
I will rely on this forum for help so feel free to keep pointing me in the right direction and tell me if I am ever blethering rubbish.
Faye

hi and welcome, i also started this year and the weather hear has been slightly better than sunny scotland but still chalangeing, :smilielol5: good luck with your bees this is a great place to lern lots :cool: :seeya:

Hi Beefaye

We also started beekeeping this year. You will soon learn that bees dont abide by the rules and do their own thing but that is half the fun. You never know what you will find when you look inside. The forum is great for learning and people on here are very helpful so dont be afraid to ask. :)

Welcome

Hi Faye

My second year in South West Scotland and we seem to have had 2 good years compared to the rest of Scotland and most of the rest of the country. I have my bees in the garden, so good luck, make sure you site them well and hopefully all will go well. Nothing like being able to step out of the house and watch what is going on : ) Check out my album and see how much i have enjoyed keeping bees.

Stephen

Latest posts

Back