hives stolen Derbyshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i believe that the beekeeper buying these hives have no idea its stolen ( thats if the sticky finger ba£$*ds were selling them on) if they realised then MOST would not buy.
I wont be going to any more Thornes sale days anymore after me and PP had stuff stolen( taken) from our trolley.It not worth the hasle, i will stick to the winter sale, with a cuppa and a warm house.

I agree things will get worse with hives being stolen this year as alot ot people are doing courses and will need hives and bees.

TB

I remember saying over a year ago that all this publicity for Bees and Beekeeping may in fact have negative effects, surely with the sort of community we have as Beekeepers, someone somewhere must know or at the very least have an idea who these people may be ????

beeboybee, perhaps you are right, i think bait hives may actually work, but its the surveilance aspect that could fail, unless we took along a flask and a sleeping bag and worked in shifts. :patriot:

hi I have been looking at personal attack alarms would be easy to fit to a hive, 120 to 140 dcp for upto 10 min cost about fiver,easy to fit to a hive and stand activates when pin is pulled, enough to put people off .cheap enough for fitting to each hive, what are peoples thoughts.regards rourkie

what are peoples thoughts

They would be back with a shorted jack socket(s) or steal the alarms as well. It would not deter them for long. These are the type who deflect security light sensors so they no longer come on, before attacking your vehicle or whatever they are up to.

Regards, RAB

Latest posts

Back