Hives on Fleabay

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just dry fill it ? i can see the holes for where bees get in and out mmm

i knew u were was just ermm testing :leaving:....look for a link on here on how to use ,,u must use a dish inside it

fox better get yor hive out side it will stick the house out wit the smell of creosote

Andy

i know but outhouse is full at min and didnt want to leave it in 3feet snow outside so just left it in porch aye sure dose stink:blush5: did u find out what happend to all the bees he had ?

tried the ad on fleabay where he was advertising 'bulk wax' for sale. Asked question because ad was for ONE hex block @ £5.00. Reply was that this meant I should not bid on it!! Reported to e-bay as this in breach of selling rules.

This a a well used "trick" by sellers, and I have also used it.

It is ebay you should be reporting for their excessive charges etc.

Give the guy a break, either bid or dont...its simples.

This a a well used "trick" by sellers, and I have also used it.

It is ebay you should be reporting for their excessive charges etc.

Give the guy a break, either bid or dont...its simples.

I agree, i have had a bit of a chat with the chap via email and he is completely open about the whole situation and condition of the kit, yes his spelling is bad but hey none of us are perfect, for £50 delivered they are a bargain for anyone with some spare time to properly clean and repair any of the potential faults, anyone who reports such a minor discrepency really needs to get over themselves. He is selling the wax at a pretty reasonable price as well if you ask him.

C B

Hi this is Steve Ryan

iam the person selling aprox 400 empty bee hives as some of you will no i used to run over 1,000 colonies and have 30 years experiance of commercial bee farming unfortunatly 5 years ago i had to make the decision to start to dramaticly reduce the ammount of bee colonies that i used to run due to the sucsess of "bee health" propolis products my outher company whitch is now a global brand and staffing problems due to the lack of my time the equitment for sale was my surpluse equitment and i state never once in 30 years has a bee inspector found eny AFB or EFB in eny on my colonies ever a couple of years ago when i had 500 colonies in one aparie at fylingdales on the moors when the bee inspector turned out mob handed and could only make the comment how little vorrea thay could find if i thourght eny of this equitment had a risk of dieseas it would have been burnt

Yours Faithfully
Steve Ryan

Hi Steve,I thought you may of been packing up due to failing eyesight.

That text sure is big...........

Any chance you could stick around the forum a while and give us some of your experience ?

haha yes thats no problem aslong as those old gits dont keep having a moan!!

Hey Steve......welcome to the forum, you old git...:laughing-smiley-004

Hi Steve

Perhaps you could give an account of your varroa control.

Are you shouting because you're deaf or you know some of us are - lol

Last edited:
Back