Hives on Fleabay

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked the obvious q...lol

As for the spelling... sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PH

They need to use a spell check as well.

If I bought a couple of dozen and get several sponsors per hive at £25 each per year and give each sponsor a jar of Sainsbury's honey!!!!!!!!!!! and I wouldnt even need any bees.....

Well apart from bad spelling -which I expect the seller can live with- and the need to cut out old comb and put a blowtorch over the kit I would have thought it was quite a good buy.

Gift horse and mouth comes to mind.

Best,
Roland

Do those ads keep changing?

Two ads for the same thing with different prices and postage costs..

Is old but maybe a warning
iconNeg_16x16.gif
Be careful about this seller! He doesn't sell the commodities for the negotiated

I wonder how long that have been stored there?
Surely with that number of hives that might have come form the same place, somebody here would now of a business that has shut down within the last say 12 months. Would have been a lot of bees to get rid of as well at some point.

Are these all nationals? Is the brood box shown a commercial?

Are these all nationals? Is the brood box shown a commercial?

Not sure if they're all BS, but I'm sure he'd give you a BS box if you asked prior to purchase (seems to have plenty).

I know some people are saying that they wouldn't touch them but personally so long as they're sound boxes I can't see any problem that a thorough scraping and torching won't fix. If they were MD's I'd already be organizing a viewing with the hope of doing a deal on the lot. Simple as that.

Best,
Roland

They look to be fairly well made and the ones which he shows are not ply.

Depends on the seller. If you bought by post you might get something which is of a lesser quality than the ones shown.
You pays your money and take a chance.
If they have been stored there for even a short time they have had all sorts of things running all over them, but at least in that open barn they have been aired.
Steam clean?

This is an email I got last night:
================================
i cant register on ur forumn for some reason

but i have now retierd from beekeeping and iam selling all my old hives i have about 400 full hives here are the auction links http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250730912728&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
i hope many of your members are intrested in buying my hives

i also have some beeswax for sale http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250730807851&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

if you could please post these links on your forum it would be much appreciated

rgrds lewis...
==========================================
I can only presume that the problem joining up was due to spelling ?

Back