Hiveclean business

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finman

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
In BKKA forum I calcuted a bit what is Hiveclean mite stuff.

It is very old fashion stuff. It drops part of miten onto sticky board. Yes, you can bye that sticky grease too.

In Turkey they compared Hiveclean to Perizin. Perizin is about 25 years old mite stuff. I got it first time 1987 from Germany. But hiveclean is worse than Perizin.

And what are the ingrediants,and the % of them?

So not much better than sugar,and no use at all in a hive with solid floors as it states it just knocks the mites down,so with solid floors they just climb back on the bee's.pointless treatment.

hi TO ALL YOU UNBELIVERS hiveclean is poison you say! yet on the demmo stand at the spring convention the sales team were sipping it from the bottle as safe? ASK Heather.
My use of hiveclean i found is better if used with a strip on the bottom for the mite to hide under KILLS ALL KNOWN BUGS?
all the best mike.

hi TO ALL YOU UNBELIVERS hiveclean is poison you say! yet on the demmo stand at the spring convention the sales team were sipping it from the bottle as safe? ASK Heather.
My use of hiveclean i found is better if used with a strip on the bottom for the mite to hide under KILLS ALL KNOWN BUGS?
all the best mike.

It has been a bad nightmare?

finman THATs it! the nightmare i woke up to found you and hivemaker man had pissssssed the bed.
all the best mike

Hiveclean contains: water, saccharose, citric acid, oxalic acid, propolis extract and essential oils.

LOL the image of Mikethebee, Finman and Hikemaker snuggled up 3 in a bed.
I'm going to use the Hiveclean I bought.

LOL the image of Mikethebee, Finman and Hikemaker snuggled up 3 in a bed.
I'm going to use the Hiveclean I bought.

Hey Poly, now let it go!
I think that this is some national ritual in your cold wet climate

Note mesh bottom in beds and sticky floor .

3card1.jpg

Last edited:
Very, very funny! I hadn't even thought about a sticky floor!

Hiveclean contains: water, saccharose, citric acid, oxalic acid, propolis extract and essential oils.

I understand oxalic acid is HIGHLY carsenogenic, if they were sipping it I'd not want to be related to them and have to live through the consequences later on.

I think I'l ring Thornes and ask for their COSHH data sheet.

Peter
Cambridge UK

Last edited:
Ok, so Thornes are sending me the COSHH sheet for the oxalic crystals I bought last year (none was included with my trickle applications either), but I've also googled Oxalic acid crystals and found a COSHH sheet online that says "FATAL IF SWALLOWED"

I suggest that whoever witnessed these sales reps claiming they were sipping anything that contains Oxalic (according to Admin) that they should legally inform the health and safety executive IMEDIATELY, and that not to do so might well be an offence in itself.

Peter
Cambridge UK

I understand oxalic acid is HIGHLY carsenogenic,

Look here. OA is very common in our food.
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/Other/oxalic.html

Vegetable Oxalic acid
(g/100 g)
Parsley 1,7
Chives 1,48
Purslane 1,31
Cassava 1,26
Amaranth 1,09
Spinach 1,0
Beet leaves 0,61
Rhubard leaves 0,6
Rhubard stalk 0,5

Carrot 0,5
Radish 0,48
Collards 0,45
Beans, snap 0,36
Brussels sprouts 0,36
Garlic 0,36
Lettuce 0,33
Watercress 0,31
Sweet potato 0,24
Chicory 0,21
Turnip 0,21
Broccoli 0,19
Celery 0,19
Eggplant 0,19
Cauliflower 0,15
Asparagus 0,13
Endive 0,11
Cabbage 0,1
Okra 0,05
Onion 0,05
Pea 0,05
Potato 0,05
Tomato 0,05
Turnip greens 0,05
Parsnip 0,04
Pepper 0,04
Rutabaga 0,03
Cucumbers 0,02
Kale 0,02
Squash 0,02
Coriander 0,01
Corn, sweet 0,01

Last edited:
I just realised that oxalic acid in sugar solution deteriorates increasing the HMF content, are those the initials?, which is very bad for bees. This happens more at higher temperatures, so Hiveclean should probaly be stored in a cool place. not the fridge though :ack2:

I tasted it at the National. It was delicious, but I only tasted it once, the men on the stand were tasting it over and again. I won't be having any more. I am not sure it is HIGHLY carcinogenic, but kidney stones caused by oxalates are agony.

Latest posts

Back